Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

My babies are laying again! Celebratory happy dance!! I'm sure it's Lily (the oldest of the bunch and a pekin), hopefully she shows everyone else it's warm enough to start again! And somebody's moulting...yeesh! It looks like someone killed a duck in my backyard right now. Lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose backyard is more feathers than grass!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose backyard is more feathers than grass!!
X2 - Most of the ducks are in some stage of molt/pre-molt (Kaine is subduing his colors, but not really molting yet). And yesterday Entie blew all her flight feathers in the pool.

6 eggs today.

Yesterday I found an egg in the yard. It looked fine, but it had a hole in the bottom of it??? Nearly the size of a dime??? It showed no signs of having been eaten at??? This was too much of a mystery so I had to go to the security cams. Arrrrrg! Snow! Worst mother ever...

0.jpg

Someone is laying again, but I have no clue who!! It was not in a nest box, and a little small, so the usual suspects would be my first time layers, in particular the pekins and the youngest khaki campbell hen, who will all be first time layers this year. The scovies have a few more months before they hit laying age - they are just hitting 6 months. The random placement of the egg in the middle of the mud pit formerly known as the area behind the back porch suggests Pekin involvement. It candles out suspiciously clear, so I suspect it is a yolk less egg (also adding to the first time layer case!) I will see what else I fish out of the mud in the next few days!!

X2 - Most of the ducks are in some stage of molt/pre-molt (Kaine is subduing his colors, but not really molting yet). And yesterday Entie blew all her flight feathers in the pool.

6 eggs today.

Yesterday I found an egg in the yard. It looked fine, but it had a hole in the bottom of it??? Nearly the size of a dime??? It showed no signs of having been eaten at??? This was too much of a mystery so I had to go to the security cams. Arrrrrg! Snow! Worst mother ever...

0.jpg

lau.gif
OMG I died laughing at your music selection. ROFL

lau.gif
OMG I died laughing at your music selection. ROFL

I thought it worked
wink.png

Snow is totally oblivious to ANYTHING in her way... We are constantly treating her feet and legs with clear iodine so she doesn't develop bumbles from every scratch and scrape. She can see - I have done tests that confirm this, but she plows over everything between where she is and where she wants to go even if it is as big as she is
roll.png
. She has no concept of the word "around", barely understands "over". "Through" is her go-to.

X2 - Most of the ducks are in some stage of molt/pre-molt (Kaine is subduing his colors, but not really molting yet). And yesterday Entie blew all her flight feathers in the pool. 6 eggs today. Yesterday I found an egg in the yard. It looked fine, but it had a hole in the bottom of it??? Nearly the size of a dime??? It showed no signs of having been eaten at??? This was too much of a mystery so I had to go to the security cams. Arrrrrg! Snow! Worst mother ever...
Lol!
Someone is laying again, but I have no clue who!! It was not in a nest box, and a little small, so the usual suspects would be my first time layers, in particular the pekins and the youngest khaki campbell hen, who will all be first time layers this year. The scovies have a few more months before they hit laying age - they are just hitting 6 months. The random placement of the egg in the middle of the mud pit formerly known as the area behind the back porch suggests Pekin involvement. It candles out suspiciously clear, so I suspect it is a yolk less egg (also adding to the first time layer case!) I will see what else I fish out of the mud in the next few days!!
yay for eggs. Still getting an egg a day here. I'm on pins and needles waiting for the rest of my girls to lay.

Another egg today, this time in the nest box!! Same size as before, so I think it is the youngest Khaki Campbell starting up for her first season. She was due to start laying around this time. Everyone has been devouring oyster shell, so it looks like they are all gearing up! I can't wait!!

My babies are laying again! Celebratory happy dance!! I'm sure it's Lily (the oldest of the bunch and a pekin), hopefully she shows everyone else it's warm enough to start again! And somebody's moulting...yeesh! It looks like someone killed a duck in my backyard right now. Lol

I'm confused... Is that an incubated egg?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom