Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

My ducks sadly aren't laying yet. Hopefully soon though.
I was actually surprised to get one this early. {she just wanted to show up the younger girls
wink.png
}

None for me today. I'm just hoping they're not laying under the brush pile, since they love to hang out under there.

It goes away this weekend to make room for the new duck house we're going to build. I hope there's not 50 old eggs under there.
fl.gif

No ducky eggs....boo hoo. They have been in the "off season" since the end of November. Around what month do most ducks start laying again?

None for me today. I'm just hoping they're not laying under the brush pile, since they love to hang out under there.

It goes away this weekend to make room for the new duck house we're going to build. I hope there's not 50 old eggs under there.
fl.gif
Let us know what you find under there.

No ducky eggs....boo hoo. They have been in the "off season" since the end of November. Around what month do most ducks start laying again?

My Muscovy's use to start back in march but seems the last couple years it's earlier so you never know any more. So far just one of mine though. and I have 9 girls. Chicken took a long break this year too. Oct - last of Jan.

Tell them duckies to get crackin'. My girls (11 of them) got down to 2-3 eggs / day around the end of November, but they gave us 4 eggs on X-mas and the next day. 6 eggs on the 27th and most days after that, and for the last week they have been up to 8-9 eggs. The most we ever have gotten was 10 because last Summer, before all the ducklings had their egg shooters kick in, Ettie went broody and turned off for the rest of the year. So I am still waiting for my first 11 day, but I would currently consider my flock on the low end of full production. I just checked on today's haul and so far, there are 7 that's what I get for boasting. But one of the girls has been laying later in the day, in the yard, so maybe that one is still to come...

Tell them duckies to get crackin'. My girls (11 of them) got down to 2-3 eggs / day around the end of November, but they gave us 4 eggs on X-mas and the next day. 6 eggs on the 27th and most days after that, and for the last week they have been up to 8-9 eggs. The most we ever have gotten was 10 because last Summer, before all the ducklings had their egg shooters kick in, Ettie went broody and turned off for the rest of the year. So I am still waiting for my first 11 day, but I would currently consider my flock on the low end of full production. I just checked on today's haul and so far, there are 7 that's what I get for boasting. But one of the girls has been laying later in the day, in the yard, so maybe that one is still to come...

Those girls are full of surprises
wink.png

Those girls are full of surprises
wink.png

The real surprise is Snow. Everything I have read says Pekins are super meat birds, but so-so layers. She put out an egg every day right through the winter. It was always 1 Snow Egg and 1 or 2 other random eggs. I can only identify 3 eggs from my flock Snow: 100g and larger pure white (She calmed down to "normal" big single yolk eggs, for a while she was laying HUGE double yolkers). Tella & Ettie (Rouens) 90-99g light salmon colored. Everyone else 62-86g white, green or salmon colored. Snow is a determined, opinionated and vocal girl! (She never quacks, but she mutters and honks ALL the time.)

Back
Top Bottom