Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Hahaha

When I read the first one my brain translated it to quiches. When I read yours my brain translated it to quickies...and I had a very odd/bad pic in my head of what you got when you googled that!!!
1f633.png

That's what my brain translated too but I was thinking along the line of: "Well, I know there are quick breads, and lots of quick dishes, but something must be so common in an area I am not familiar with that someone from there might expect everyone to know what it was." It was so funny because I was totally stumped!!! Hmmmm, I'm getting old....

Got 7 eggs today. Hey, do any of you have Cayugas? I have one, Pocahontas, and last year was her first year laying and I got a 50% black egg in the beginning and after a few eggs it had lightened up considerably then it became white. Now I understand that this is normal for the breed. But so far I haven't seen a black egg. When does the "season" reset??? or doesn't it work like that??? I am not sure if she is laying yet since I can positively identify my Runner eggs and my Pekin egg but the rest are close enough to each other that I can't tell.

Last edited:
Got 7 eggs today.  Hey, do any of you have Cayugas?  I have one, Pocahontas, and last year was her first year laying and I got a 50% black egg in the beginning and after a few eggs it had lightened up considerably then it became white.  Now I understand that this is normal for the breed.  But so far I haven't seen a black egg.  When does the "season" reset??? or doesn't it work like that??? I am not sure if she is laying yet since I can positively identify my Runner eggs and my Pekin egg but the rest are close enough to each other that I can't tell.
I have yet to see a black egg from my Cayuga and she is just under a year. When she started this year they were green. I only got her in Jan so I have no idea what she laid prior but I do know she was taking her winter break and was not laying at the time prior to her coming home with us.

I have yet to see a black egg from my Cayuga and she is just under a year. When she started this year they were green. I only got her in Jan so I have no idea what she laid prior but I do know she was taking her winter break and was not laying at the time prior to her coming home with us.
We're real close then. Mine is just over a year hatch day was 3/17/2014. So she was old enough to have some eggs last year, but this will be her first full season.

Back
Top Bottom