daily egg gathering

Quote:
Welcome to BYC! I would think that the Rhode Island would be laying by now, but it is normal for chickens to lay between 16 and 24 weeks old. The squatting means that they are getting close. Hope this helps! Keep looking for eggs, they are coming soon!
wink.png

ok everyone i feel really silly for asking this...but how do you know if your chickens are squatting?...

My chickens are about 20 weeks old and all they do is walk around and eat bugs and follow my daughter around the yard (lol she calls them her ladies she is 5..she says she is taking her ladies for a walk)

I have about 2 days of grower food left and then I am switching to layer food...or should I wait till I see my first egg?

thanks everyone i am a newbie at this ask me anything about dogs, cats or reptiles i can help....chickens...I am lost but learning

Here's mine. At least two days a week I get 12 eggs from 13 hens. I've already discussed elsewhere what happens to the 13th hen's egg....she don't lay one. Sorry about the quality of the first pic, but the second one is much better. The basket pic is actually two days' gathering.

034.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Holy Moly, Mark!!! How many chickens do you have?!?
lol.png

lol we had 40 hens but we killed 5 they were old so there for soup yum!

and we ordered 20 more hens cuz we sell dozens of eggs like hot cakes up to 17+ dozen a week now
smile.png

i feel silly for asking this but how do you know if your chickens are squatting

try going to pet one of them.when you get close instead of running away like usual they may hold there ground hunch back there wings and squat this is the egg squat it means theyll be laying very soon

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom