damaged turkey snood

GordonSturrock

Hatching
Apr 16, 2024
Greetings! Great to bump into this group, looks very active.
I care for and feed a handicapped wild turkey who has something wrong with his snood. Picture attached. Looks like some kind of bruise? It is darker colored than normal, looks a bit crusty or like a scab. Mostly on his snood, but also looks like smaller spots further up his head too. Does anybody know what this is, and/or how to treat it??? Many thanks in advance!
fyi, this is "Lefty". He adopted us when he was near starving. He has a bad (right) eye from before he came to us, about 3 or 4 years ago. It's never been treated, just seemed to get better, though he's blind in that eye. Perhaps this might be related? He also is recovered from a broken leg, which i can only guess happened when he jumped down from the trees one morning and landed in some branches that he didn't see, and broke his right leg, thus his name, "Lefty".

Attachments

• Leftysnood.jpg
    Leftysnood.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 28
I care for and feed a handicapped wild turkey who has something wrong with his snood. Picture attached. Looks like some kind of bruise? It is darker colored than normal, looks a bit crusty or like a scab. Mostly on his snood, but also looks like smaller spots further up his head too. Does anybody know what this is, and/or how to treat it??? Many thanks in advance!
fyi, this is "Lefty". He adopted us when he was near starving. He has a bad (right) eye from before he came to us, about 3 or 4 years ago. It's never been treated, just seemed to get better, though he's blind in that eye. Perhaps this might be related? He also is recovered from a broken leg, which i can only guess happened when he jumped down from the trees one morning and landed in some branches that he didn't see, and broke his right leg, thus his name, "Lefty".
:welcome Welcome looks like he has been fighting. Those look like fighting injuries scabbed up.

Yes looks like fighting to me also

Back
Top Bottom