Damp Moist Wall In My Chicken Room

It's been raining since 4 days continuously I have indoor chickens they live in my bedroom with me and currently the wall is completely damp and there's some musky earthy smell . Pain is peeling off we will re-paint the wall once it's completely dried .
I want to ask that it's safe for chickens? Because they live in this room I open all the windows for ventilation
I don’t think this is safe for you and the air your breathing. Sounds like potential mold and before you paint, be sure to check for mold spores. I would remove the birds- put them in a garage etc and then dry out the wall with a safe heater before it gets even worse. You might consider getting someone professional in there to look at this. 👍

Balancing amino acids is an advance course in poultry feed science, but thanks for the link. Will look at it when i get high speed data back. Two weeks. Definitely more info than the typical first time chicken owner "when do i switch to layer?" needs, but great for those of us trying to dial in at the margins.

It is humidity that is causing the mold and the paint to peel. Since you have more than 1 window, placing a fan that blows outside in one of them would provide a cross breeze. This will help to remove the humidity caused by weather and the chicken breathing. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.
Everything is clear up .. within 2 days all sunny and bright and entire wall dried up like wow all smell of earthy damp gone sun is amazing :)

I dont know. If it is even safe for you or the Chickens to live in a damp musty area. Some repair is definately required if this is happening to your home. Hire someone to fix this issue. Take care of yourself and your babies.
The walls are dried with sun now after lockdown open we will fix it with a painter because the wall definitely needs paint now :D

The walls are dried with sun now after lockdown open we will fix it with a painter because the wall definitely needs paint now :D
I am very glad everything is drying up! I hope you and your kids are doing well and enjoying warmer, dryer weather. I would love to learn more about where you are in India and the culture. I’m also glad you rescued your boys and giving them a wonderful life.

At first I thought you might have had a leak until you mentioned the weather. Four days of non-stop rain is hard on everything, especially when it’s really humid! Nothing wants to dry and everything feels so wet!

Please show us pictures of your boys when you can. ❤️

Thank you... I think I will try once we get our ducklings. I have plenty of time and patience to give it my best attempt to potty train them lol
it is actually really easy to potty train chickens, even roosters! I litterbox trained all my past house chickens. Chickens are nesting animals so they naturally want to keep their nest clean.

I am very glad everything is drying up! I hope you and your kids are doing well and enjoying warmer, dryer weather. I would love to learn more about where you are in India and the culture. I’m also glad you rescued your boys and giving them a wonderful life.

At first I thought you might have had a leak until you mentioned the weather. Four days of non-stop rain is hard on everything, especially when it’s really humid! Nothing wants to dry and everything feels so wet!

Please show us pictures of your boys when you can. ❤️

Thank you for your kind words 😊 yes wall dried on it's own because our home gets the direct sunlight throughout the day pretty hot 🔥 during the daytime and two way ventilation from balcony make it easy to dry .
4 days raining was due to taukte cyclone it was very bad in many areas . The wall seems horrible 🤣 after drying and need a paint shot probably once lockdown over I'll contact a painter

My boys adapted to live in home environment they know everything aboug home and never poo on beds pretty trained hope someday everyone will add pet chickens

Attachments

• B612_20200106_141752_722.jpg
    B612_20200106_141752_722.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom