Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Quote:
woohoooooo so true...

ok now it's freak out time...so much to do still!
barnie.gif

Don't freak out....it will be a very fun experience....don't stress it.....go, do you best, have fun, drool all over everyones birds and learn as much as you can and do it all again at the next show. There will be plenty of great chicken folks there right along side of you.
smile.png

Quote:
Our sadie and fanny SPPR (came to me via Kelly, in case someone didn't know) and they are finally settling down a bit in the cage... but every time i walk by, the tell me it's going to be a cold day in h..ll before they lay another egg after this kind of treatment
smile.png

Quote:
It was from a black copper, but I had some close to it from a blue copper.

In fact, the very first birds I hatched that were blue coppers, laid darker eggs than the black coppers.

I don't think I have a blue copper that will beat that one though....

BUMMER!!!! But it is BEAUTIFUL!

I sure hope some of that girls eggs will be going into your hatching egg orders. On second thought I think that it is far to risky for you to keep all of those eggs in one place....you should probably send some over to me for safe keeping.
wink.png
I promise to keep them nice and warm, turn them several times a day and sit ever so patiently with my nose pressed against the bator door keeping an ever watchful eye over them.
big_smile.png

Well, If I get enough for myself, I will allow them to go out. The only problem is, they make the other eggs look pale in comparison, even though they are 5 or better...I went through my eggs that are due to hatch this weekend and I am seeing the progression of the that hens eggs darkening that I didn't realize before.
I did something that I've never done before......I actually threw out about 15 eggs that should have gone into the hatcher because I didn't want those chicks to get mixed up with the hen that is laying those dark eggs....I just hope they all hatch. I did leave in a couple of very dark blue copper eggs, and I will be marking them as well to keep. I hate this counting my chicks before they hatch thing...LOL

Sue

Quote:
Our sadie and fanny SPPR (came to me via Kelly, in case someone didn't know) and they are finally settling down a bit in the cage... but every time i walk by, the tell me it's going to be a cold day in h..ll before they lay another egg after this kind of treatment
smile.png

DITTO, Kelly!
fl.gif

CHeryl, you have your list of things to look for for me while you're there...right?

BEST OF LUCK!!! GO!!!!

Quote:
Absolutely Not are you being silly.....That is what alot of us started our quest for.......forever chasing that dark egg. It is just that many of us get sidetracked along the way looking for many other traits too. Not that it hinders are search for those dark eggs..........LOL Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not compete with Sue but I thought I would share some of my eggs from the last few days.

Barnevelders (they seem to be darker in person)
43136_barnie_eggs.jpg

43136_barnie_dz_wflash.jpg

Marans
43136_marans_eggs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom