Darn those baby chicks. we did it again

kycklingmamma

Songster
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
My slice of Heaven on Earth...
So we have 8 chicks in the brooder all right at 5 weeks, and today we went to our local feedstore/hardware store and what did they have....more chicks, so we got 4 more. They had white leghorns, buy one get one free...at @2.99 each. Come on, of course we had to buy some, so we got 4, but paid for only two-great deal.
In our brooder we have 2 California White leghorns, 2 Silverlace Wyandottes, 1 Ameracauna, our on mix breed....blue Cochin/Buff Orp, as well as blue Cochin/Barred Rock., oh and I forgot about Elmer, our little 'popcorn stuffer" roo, we think he is a RIR.
I will post pics later.

Stay away from the feedstore this time of year..it is very addicting.

Kycklingmamma

I know what you mean about getting more. That was a really great deal.

Question on your Calf. whites. Did they have black spots?? IF so did they keep them with they feathered out??

Thanks.

We thought they would have black spots but ours doesn't. Now they have feathered out almost all the way and they are very white and pretty, almost like doves...A little disapointed though, was really hoping for some dalmation spotted hens running around in our backyard.

Kycklingmamma

thats how i ended up with 2 golden comet chicks, a visit to the feed and grain store i heard the peeping and had to buy 2 to replace 2 that died over the winter, New Hampshire doesnt do global warming
roll.png
I forgot just how cute chicks are, at a week old they are just showing their wings and getting used to "the hand" that feeds
jumpy.gif

Farmer Mack

I'm just as bad. We have 23 assorted chickies that are 5 weeks old and I went to the feed store and they had banty babies!!!!!!! Now we have a seperate brooder with 12 little assorted banties!!! I'm soooo excited!

Tell me about it, now my daughter is like...mom, I want some bantams too, they are so tiny and cute...darn it. It wil never end..will it?

We moved our ducklings out yesterday, 3 runner ducks, they are in the coop with a heat lamp on them. They seem to be loving it.
Yeah, three stink bombs down....11 more two go.

kycklingmamma

I have to go to TSC for feed in the morning and I am secretly hoping they still have chicks! LOL I will probably get shot, though.

And I know some people don't, but I LOVE our leghorns! We have 4 california white hens (no spots, solid white....dunno) and one rooster and they are just beautiful. Neat, lively, active birds. Super cool
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom