Day 17 (edited)

Well I candled yesterday and only 3 out of the 12 were fertile, On the up side I saw little chickies devloping in those three....................Yeah

That's ok...I am having about the same results on my shipped eggs this time. I have some little bantam orps in the bator and only 3 or 4 out of 12 are developing. Those 3 or 4 will be precious to me!
~Rebecca

Today is my day 7 and I saw movement in 3 eggs!!! 3 I think are no good and I'm unsure about the rest. I'm not tossing till I candle again, because I'm afraid I will throw out some viable chicks. My kids were all excited to see the movement.

Awsome that is totally great!!!!

I have a question for the incubating experts......... When do you start seeing actual movement of the eggs and hear the cheeping.......... I do realize that at only day 10 it is too early for me to see it but I was just curious as to when I might see it! I guess just another milestone to look foward to before the hatch day!!

around day 18ish you might see the egg wiggle (dont worry if you dont)!!!! When they pip you will be able to hear them chirp !!! also after they pip if you chirp at them they should wiggle and peep bacak !!!!

Thank you should I candle them again before the end or just wait it out? I don't want to disturb them too much .... I don't want to be the cause of thier death by messing with them too much..............

I ALWAYS candle on day 18 before I up the hum, that way if there are any "dud" eggs or babies that didnt make it they dont screw up the other eggs by exploding or anything !!!!!! So on day 18 candle quick and then up the hum !!!! Just keep in mind that on day 18 if you dont see alot or any movement in the egg doesnt mean they are dead, its hard to see movement that far along !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom