Day 18 and air cells are small

Help I have2 hatched 1 dry and one not but the Bantu is getting bullied by the full size ?? Do I take the bully out and put it on the brooder I still have 2 that I think are assisted hatch 2 more pipping
The chicks will be fine----I would break someones arm if they tried to open my incubator for 1 second during lock-down----No way would "I" open it! Its yours---Your Call!

My banty was in the water bowl when I woke up so I took it out of the bowl
Chicks are like Human Babies----"we" have to protect them from harm. Use a "open weave" hair net or similiar to cover your bowl. Anything that is open enough that the moisture can get out but the chick can not get in---a piece of a clean onion sack would work.

**air cell update**
None have hatched yet, I candled today (day21) all are still alive, they look bigger, and are moving, the air cells have got slightly bigger, I will add pictures over the next couple of hours but they're still too small. I also think it looks like one has tried to break the membrane half way down the egg, I don't Know what to do, I will add pics
Thanks
Fingers crossed

**air cell update**
None have hatched yet, I candled today (day21) all are still alive, they look bigger, and are moving, the air cells have got slightly bigger, I will add pictures over the next couple of hours but they're still too small. I also think it looks like one has tried to break the membrane half way down the egg, I don't Know what to do, I will add pics
Thanks
Fingers crossed
Coco, can I suggest what to do?? If not I will delete. Leave the lid on the incubator for a few days, keep the temp and the humidity close---by adding water through a vent hole with a straw if possile. Give them a few days without being bothered/handled-----If they do not hatch by Sunday---then I would quickly pull one for candling. I hope they will hatch for you

Thank you, I really was wanting to keep them dry due to their air cells being so small, I feel adding water will cause so much more problems, I've not handled since day 19, so been a couple of days and had to check they was still alive, it's killing me, I'll post some pics and see what anyone thinks on this strange mark I seen inside the egg, I don't know if it's one trying to pip

My banty was in the water bowl when I woke up so I took it out of the bowl
I use sterile rocks in my water dish for the first week or two. A lot of people also use marbles. Either one allows the chicks to drink between the objects, but keeps them from drowning.

**air cell update**
Thanks
Fingers crossed
I wouldn't expect any for a couple days, judging by the development in the last pics. Can't wait to see the next pics. Still hoping for the best for you!

**air cell update**
Thanks
Fingers crossed

Here is a pic of an internal pip. Is this what you you have seen in your egg?

Back
Top Bottom