Day 19. Anxiety

In the same boat as the rest of you except my incubator is big. 31 eggs in there. I realized on day 9 that my turner wasn’t on... so will see what happens. Day 19 here and I’m already checking them regularly. Mine were rocking yesterday. From past experiences all the action happens in one shot lol. They start pipping, chirping and rocking. Then they take an eternity to zip just to prolong my anxiety lol

I'm on day 21, 2 pips so far. We had a power outage so don't know what to expect. I can't focus on anything! Keep checking the incubator and nothing is changing

I am on day 19 here too. No movement, no chirping, nothing. The waiting is killing me. I've got 27 eggs in there, waiting to hatch - a variety of breeds...lavender orpingtons, bielefelders, Easter Egger/silkie mixes, brahmas, and blue-laced red wyandottes! I started with 39 - 5 were infertile, 5 died along the way.

Oh, and I also have two call ducks that the person I bough eggs from gave me as well. Problem is that they also are on day 19, so I'm doing a delicate dance of quickly opening the incubator to turn the duck eggs so I don't lose too much humidity. I'm not sure what I'll do when someone starts pipping!

Back
Top Bottom