Day 19. Anxiety

Pics
So i havent had much time to post, today has been INSANE! I have three hatched cuties, they went right after each other! I still have another 4 in, but nothing yet from them. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 20200423_214727.jpg
    20200423_214727.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 12
I have about 10/11 hours of day 21 left and nothing (really nothing has happened). I am going mad, I swear!

What days are you guys on? When did you start with chick action?

😓:fl
Day 23. This little one barely had an airhole pipped at 2 am. I woke up at 5:30 to this! My first pipped hasn't made any progress yet, still chewing and yawning.

It's so nerve wracking when they're late!

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_0605404.jpg
    IMG_20200424_0605404.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
What days are you guys on? When did you start with chick action?

😓:fl

Today is day 22. I woke up on day 21 to a single pip and a seperate egg rocking. It took ALL day and the pip got a teeny bigger, then slowly 2 more pipped. Then out of nowhere i had three chickzillas tearing around the incubator.
Is this your first hatch too?...i dont remember. Maybe your temp was low and theyll just be a little late.

Also, i have one more pip and an egg with a bit of anothers shell on it. Or i have 2 more pips. TBD - i dare not open it to see.

Crossing my fingers for ya Mother of Chicks!

Attachments

• JPEG_20200424_065912_5709544602460723893.jpg
    JPEG_20200424_065912_5709544602460723893.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7
I am almost on day 22 and there are still a bunch to arrive. The first pip started end of day 19. But there are so many factors to when they hatch. I have some still that haven’t pipped yet. And they all appeared good after handling on day 18. So I am waiting. I have moved a bunch over to the brooder though. It’s getting chaotic in the incubator! Here’s one of the silkie/ Easter egger crosses we hatched!
6541B2CD-AC72-4E63-8FBA-45F98C81F852.jpeg

Today is day 22. I woke up on day 21 to a single pip and a seperate egg rocking. It took ALL day and the pip got a teeny bigger, then slowly 2 more pipped. Then out of nowhere i had three chickzillas tearing around the incubator.
Is this your first hatch too?...i dont remember. Maybe your temp was low and theyll just be a little late.

Also, i have one more pip and an egg with a bit of anothers shell on it. Or i have 2 more pips. TBD - i dare not open it to see.

Crossing my fingers for ya Mother of Chicks!
Yeppers - it's my first hatch and I think you are bang on with the temp being slightly low. I did calibrate but it averaged 99.5 (the highest I could get the stupid incubator) for my still air. Everything else was OK and I have squirming chicks when I candled at day 18... so now it's just a waiting game I think. No pips yet but hubby is sure he saw one of them rocking but I missed it. Temp is now up to 100 and humidity is 75%.

I just set 7 silkie bantams in my brand new Brinsea mini II Advance - so that should be a less stressful experience.

OMG Chickzillas - so fluffy I could die :love :jumpy

I am almost on day 22 and there are still a bunch to arrive. The first pip started end of day 19. But there are so many factors to when they hatch. I have some still that haven’t pipped yet. And they all appeared good after handling on day 18. So I am waiting. I have moved a bunch over to the brooder though. It’s getting chaotic in the incubator! Here’s one of the silkie/ Easter egger crosses we hatched!View attachment 2105346
That is a little heartbreaker! Fingers crossed for the rest of your babies. Mine were good and active on day 18 too. Maybe just lazy chicks :lol:

Yeppers - it's my first hatch and I think you are bang on with the temp being slightly low. I did calibrate but it averaged 99.5 (the highest I could get the stupid incubator) for my still air. Everything else was OK and I have squirming chicks when I candled at day 18... so now it's just a waiting game I think. No pips yet but hubby is sure he saw one of them rocking but I missed it. Temp is now up to 100 and humidity is 75%.

I just set 7 silkie bantams in my brand new Brinsea mini II Advance - so that should be a less stressful experience.

OMG Chickzillas - so fluffy I could die :love :jumpy
For a still air you want to run closer to 100° so that makes sense as to why not much is going on. First hatch is always the toughest. I always hear amazing things about the Brinsea. What kind of incubator are you running now?
Mine started pipping and hatching day 20. I candled a couple today day 22 while adding water to my LG (it’s a pig on water) to see if things were still happening. 4 were in the air cell and I seemed to have pissed them off cause they started rocking and pipping after going back into the bator lol.
Loving my Wyandotte babies ❤️

Attachments

• F4014372-21D5-41C7-8350-F83D70AD47B9.jpeg
    F4014372-21D5-41C7-8350-F83D70AD47B9.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom