Day 19. Anxiety

Hope everyone’s hatches today are going well or are starting to get going. My face is right up against the incubator window. Fiancé has taken to calling me broody since I don’t want to be bothered as I already missed the first one hatch. Here’s a chick pic of my first little one to hatch to tie you other broody humans over haha. 4 more have pipped! It’s day 21 now. View attachment 2102893
Omg thank you!! Im going bananas!! Also i lectured my husband on miscounting days. And then i relooked over the calendar. Tomorrows day 21...
:barnie:he:barnie:he

My first pipper is here! He's loudly complaining in the incubator and knocking eggs all over the place! I hope they're all ok!
So how long did it take him from his first pip
I should also mention. This guy took 22 hours from external pip to hatch. I kept thinking I should intervene. I'm glad I sat on my hands!
So my fist egg pipped at 6:30 this morning. It’s almost 9 pm. He is chirping and has made a bit bigger of a hole but I’m worried about him. I don’t dare help him but still. 4 pipped eggs now. They r all slooow! :confused:

Well now thats its "officially" day 21 ive woken to a teeny tiny external pip..? Its a crack, not even a hole. And my lone white egg is just a rocking! Like mosh pit style!!! I had to pry myself from the incubator to post. Do i worry about the not a hole- crack? Its middle of egg too, which ive seen pics of.

Well now thats its "officially" day 21 ive woken to a teeny tiny external pip..? Its a crack, not even a hole. And my lone white egg is just a rocking! Like mosh pit style!!! I had to pry myself from the incubator to post. Do i worry about the not a hole- crack? Its middle of egg too, which ive seen pics of.
All 4 of mine that have pipped so far started with a little crack so I don’t think it’s a concern

So how long did it take him from his first pip

So my fist egg pipped at 6:30 this morning. It’s almost 9 pm. He is chirping and has made a bit bigger of a hole but I’m worried about him. I don’t dare help him but still. 4 pipped eggs now. They r all slooow! :confused:

22 hours was soooo long! I woke up to another chick out this morning, and a whole bunch more pips. But wow do they take their time!

I have 3 chicks now and 7 more pips. My hatches aren’t usually this slow.
no worries cracks instead of holes are normal. Since it’s in the middle of the egg your chick may take longer to hatch just because they skipped a step but all good. I have one of those right now.

Up to 6 chicks and 4 more pips. No one seems stuck or weird considering my turner wasn’t going for a little over the first week. My humidity dropped to 60% at night. Cracked the incubator and quickly added water back up to 80% and everything looks good.

Back
Top Bottom