Day 21 and no signs

YEAH TWO HAVE HATCHED SO FAR HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME!!
1f423.png
1f423.png

At what temp should it be and what about humidity
Still at 99.5 temp wise, basically between 99-100. Up humidity to 65-75% at least. I have baby food jars I am going to fill with water and then put sponges in them to increase the surface area. I will place those near the corners under the little holes in the incubator so I can fill them without opening the incubator. At 18 days you DO NOT open the incubator at all. I plan to give my chicks that hatch a day or 2 in the incubator (depending on who else is waiting to hatch) until I move them to the brooder. They can go 3 days without food or water so they will be fine in the incubator for that long. Better to let them stay in there and get dry and allow the other eggs to hatch than to take them out and possibly risk another egg not hatching because of it.

Congrats on your new little babies. I had two of my eggs hatch last night and I still have seven other eggs getting knocked around in my bator by the two chicks. This is my first hatch so it was really exciting to watch them break through the eggs. I am not sure why these two hatched so early and there is no signs of anything happening in the other eggs but I am glad I have two at least. It is day 21 (the two chicks hatched a day early) so I am hoping to see more progress today with the other eggs.

Still at 99.5 temp wise, basically between 99-100.  Up humidity to 65-75% at least.  I have baby food jars I am going to fill with water and then put sponges in them to increase the surface area.  I will place those near the corners under the little holes in the incubator so I can fill them without opening the incubator.  At 18 days you DO NOT open the incubator at all.  I plan to give my chicks that hatch a day or 2 in the incubator (depending on who else is waiting to hatch) until I move them to the brooder.  They can go 3 days without food or water so they will be fine in the incubator for that long.  Better to let them stay in there and get dry and allow the other eggs to hatch than to take them out and possibly risk another egg not hatching because of it.
which incubator do you have? Also I have three little hard of water in mine, I don't know how I'll feel them with out opening the incubator today is day 19 and I swear I heard a peep!

Congrats on your new little babies. I had two of my eggs hatch last night and I still have seven other eggs getting knocked around in my bator by the two chicks. This is my first hatch so it was really exciting to watch them break through the eggs. I am not sure why these two hatched so early and there is no signs of anything happening in the other eggs but I am glad I have two at least. It is day 21 (the two chicks hatched a day early) so I am hoping to see more progress today with the other eggs.

Have you taken the two chicks out?

which incubator do you have? Also I have three little hard of water in mine, I don't know how I'll feel them with out opening the incubator today is day 19 and I swear I heard a peep!
I have the Little Giant 10300. There are little vent holes along the top and bottom and I plan to place my baby food jars under them so that I can fill them as needed. My main concern is getting the humidity too high. If I put 50 mL of water in the bottom tray it will raise the humidity to 50% easily. It does not stay there though, usually goes back down to about 40-45%. I might get some of that fish tank tubing stuff and put those in the jars then through the vent holes. That way I can add or possibly remove water as needed that way without opening the tray. I think it is okay to add water through the holes and not get all of it in the tray as long as you don't get it on the eggs themselves, anyone else know about that?

Back
Top Bottom