Day 21 help

Im a dork...i read the meter wrong. Humidity is almost 60%. Temp is up to 100.7 not sure why it went up....
So is lack of cheaping a bad sign?!

Im a dork...i read the meter wrong. Humidity is almost 60%. Temp is up to 100.7 not sure why it went up....
So is lack of cheaping a bad sign?!
They could be resting... Whew. 60% is soooo much better. Do you have a mobile device that you can use by the bator to play youtube videos?? If you do, bring up a chick chirping video, (look for one day old chicks chirping-that's the one I use.) play it by or on top of the bator. It's only a few seconds long so play it a good 3 times and see if you get any reaction from the eggs. Usually of the chicks are alive they will respond and it will motivate them. I do this periodically with my pippers and especially when I have one that has started to zip. It really gets them moving.

Only one egg is cheaping/rocking. He cracked his shell 4 hours ago but no further progress. Is this normal? Other egg no cheaping/rocking anymore. Should i do anything?!

Only one egg is cheaping/rocking. He cracked his shell 4 hours ago but no further progress. Is this normal? Other egg no cheaping/rocking anymore. Should i do anything?!
After an egg pips it can take up to 24 hours before it zips. I seem to see an average between 12-18 hours for my eggs to go from pip to start zipping. I had one chick bust itself out between 4-5 hours after pip and had a ruptured yolk sack and bloody membranes because it wasn't ready. Needless to say, he didn't make it. So you can't rush them.

Agree with scflock! Patience...

Do some reading all over this forum while you wait. Don't drive yourself nuts! I know, easier said than done, but seriously, its understandable to be anxious and nervous. 3 weeks work, and you don't want it to blow up. You have done great so far. Trust mother nature and let her take care of them for a couple more days. You will be rewarded with some cute little fuzz butts.

What kind are you hatching anyway?

Agree with scflock! Patience...

Do some reading all over this forum while you wait. Don't drive yourself nuts! I know, easier said than done, but seriously, its understandable to be anxious and nervous. 3 weeks work, and you don't want it to blow up. You have done great so far. Trust mother nature and let her take care of them for a couple more days. You will be rewarded with some cute little fuzz butts.

What kind are you hatching anyway?
Why are you agreeing with him I said it first....
gig.gif

Just joking!!! You know I have to harrass him.... Really....now I'm done harrassing him, I need to do math with my son...lol

Back
Top Bottom