Day 21 humidity low

ok thanks for all the help, when I get home later I'll see if anymore have pipped and go from there

The guy that designed my incubator (the cooler kind) had 100 percent hatch rate. Stayed at 30 all the way. Mine is 25. I tried to up a little with a 1/4 paper towel, wet and then squeezed dry. It sends my temp through the roof. Then, not only do they have temp fluctuations, and humidity. Power has gone out 3 times since I've incubating (once this morning, a day before they hatch.) Anyway, how will they do with 25 percent humidity at hatch? Not sure what else to do. And when I adjust the temperature, I have to lift the lid to do it. They are due to hatch tomorrow,. Temp in 100, humidity is 25.
hu.gif
Pam

Wondering how your hatch went!!
jumpy.gif

I'm still waiting for a pip :) I haven't heard anything about the low humidity yet, but someone told me that with the power outages (3), if might just delay them a few days. Still worried about humidity. It's 100 degrees and 20 percent humidity. Fingers crossed
fl.gif
Thanks for asking!
Pam

Since you don't have any pips yet, it's safe to open the incubator and work on the humidity. Definitely need to try! At 20% you're going to have a hatch that struggles at best, and fails at worst. If adding rags & sponges raises the temp, use cooler water initially.

Good luck! Hope it's a late but happy hatch!

Gosh I would at least mist inside the bator, not nec the eggs but that is way too low for a hatch 20%? wow

In the last hr I've been able to squirt small amounts of water through a seem in the cooler. I have it to 29 percent, with only 1 degree up (Is now 101). I'm doing the 'dry method", but I think in the 20's it too low. I'm going to constantly add a little serenge (?) at a time, watching the temp. I'm willing an ready to stay up all night, to keep it at least 30, hopefully more.

In the last hr I've been able to squirt small amounts of water through a seem in the cooler. I have it to 29 percent, with only 1 degree up (Is now 101). I'm doing the 'dry method", but I think in the 20's it too low. I'm going to constantly add a little serenge (?) at a time, watching the temp. I'm willing an ready to stay up all night, to keep it at least 30, hopefully more.

My friends that I got it from had 100 percent hatch with it at 30 percent the whole time. They had 8-9 home collected eggs, and I have 18 eggs that have been shipped, so I will be happy with less than 100 percent.. I hope to have at least 2, to keep each other company :)

Back
Top Bottom