Day 21..... nothing

Jblaz8

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2022
I am on day 21. It is a bantam mix. The embryo was moving day 17, couldn't tell at day 18 if it was moving. Nothing happened and today is day 21. I candled and couldn't tell if there was movement. The egg itself is not moving. Temp has been 37.5 humidity around 70. Shouldn't the egg be moving? When would a bad egg start smelling?

I am on day 21. It is a bantam mix. The embryo was moving day 17, couldn't tell at day 18 if it was moving. Nothing happened and today is day 21. I candled and couldn't tell if there was movement. The egg itself is not moving. Temp has been 37.5 humidity around 70. Shouldn't the egg be moving? When would a bad egg start smelling?
Can you hear Any peeping or Any Sound from the eggs? You Can try pipping to the eggs to see if they will pip back. A thing you can do is if you’re incubator has a “window” you can put up a phone and start a Timelapse to see if the eggs are moving😊 some eggs just hatch later at least give it a few days more😊

If it does not hatch in 23 days, do you open it up? What are you looking for if you do?

If it does not hatch in 23 days, do you open it up? What are you looking for if you do?
I would probably Wait until day 25-26 to make sure that there is nothing. If they haven’t hatched before that I would crack one of them open to see if they are fully developed or if they didn’t develop fully😊
The egg won’t start to rot that easily so you can wait till day 25-26 without worrying about that.
I have had chicks hatch as late as day 23😊

I would probably Wait until day 25-26 to make sure that there is nothing. If they haven’t hatched before that I would crack one of them open to see if they are fully developed or if they didn’t develop fully😊
The egg won’t start to rot that easily so you can wait till day 25-26 without worrying about that.
I have had chicks hatch as late as day 23😊
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

You can also read this tread if you want to try and make them come out by making a safety hole and basically starting the process but it can be risky

What day did you set?
What model incubator and is it calibrated?
It is not a brand name one. Just a small one for a class project. I put it in on 1/23 and it is calibrated. I have been turning it 3-4x a day. I also have an extra thermometer and hygrometer in there and humidity has been 60-70 and temp 38 C

Back
Top Bottom