Day 21 OMG!!!!

ashyannehand

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Wade, Mississippi
My father in law and I are hatching some bared rock eggs for the very first time with his homemade incubator. We have used the "dry" method. We have candled the eggs twice and seen devolopment (or at least what we though was devolopment). We are at day 21. The incubator has been closed for the last two days and no turning the eggs. I have seen many times on the forum people talking about seeing the eggs rock and hearing the chicks. We have seen or heard nothing. Is this normal or a bad sign? Anything we should be doing besides waiting?
barnie.gif

Just wait! If your temps have been a little on the low side it can delay the hatch...sometimes up to 2 days. So be patient...I'm sure they'll be fine! I just had some quail chicks hatch that were due yesterday...doing great now!

Thanks we are both so nervous. This is our first try at this. I hope that it goes well. My father in law is disabled and I have been trying to find something to keep him busy and if things go well then this will be his hobby.
fl.gif

Can you see in the bator w/o opening it? I wasn't sure since it's homemade. If you can see, you can look for pips (cracks) in the eggs that the chicks make to breathe. These can show up 24 hours or so before they actually hatch, but it means they're trying to get out.
big_smile.png

Yeah its hard to be patient when you think they're on a schedule... they don't know they are on a schedule. When they are ready they'll just come. Some may start later today... or tomorrow... or even after. Again, it just depends on how perfect the temps and humidity were for them.

Don't worry just yet... its still early in the day!
tongue.png

Somtimes the rocking can be so little you might not see it, did you up you hum on day 18 ??

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom