Day 22 Call Duck Hatching

Yes, discontinue the misting and cooling when you lock down.
Can't wait to see some cuties!
Are these from your whites?
Yes they are. I really hope I have a successful hatch out of these 2. I have only gotten 4 eggs so far this season and the 2 others I tossed this past weekend bc one had a blood ring and the other no development. Of course one of those couldn't have been the one to get cracked :hitI am hoping they start laying soon. What do you feed during breeding season?

Yes they are. I really hope I have a successful hatch out of these 2. I have only gotten 4 eggs so far this season and the 2 others I tossed this past weekend bc one had a blood ring and the other no development. Of course one of those couldn't have been the one to get cracked :hitI am hoping they start laying soon. What do you feed during breeding season?

Only 4 eggs? That makes it rough, but hopefully she will pick up soon and you can incubate more! :D
Mine have been laying again for a couple of months, they are more of a backyard pet quality group than a breeding group, so I don't do anything special. They get Flock Raiser pellets or layer crumbles the majority of the time, plus whatever they forage in the yard. I do want to keep the better quality offspring, and get some nice colors. :fl

IMG_6378.JPG

We ended up with seven out of 9 fertilized eggs. I'm not sure of the colors they will end up. If anyone can help me out there. I'm assuming some will be white of course. The last little black and white one required quite a bit of help and wasn't very hopeful, but after a rest he seems to be doing good.
View attachment 1304659 View attachment 1304662

Beautiful!! And 7 of 9 is a great hatch! I don't see any thay will stay white in there. The lightest ones look maybe silver? What combinations are the parents? Lower left corner looks blue, maybe blue fawn? Lower right looks black pied. Upper left maybe Grey?

Day 15 for my 15 eggs. :fl

Back
Top Bottom