Day 22 Call Duck Hatching

The adults are chocolate hen, blue ancona hen, snowy drake, and they produced a pied black and white, two blue and white with some brown markings and a chocolate with a blue undertone. Drakes are black and white and snowy. Hens vary from blue and white to chocolate.

My two went on lock down today. I candled last night. The cracked egg I did not see any movement :( I am not hopeful but maybe theres still a chance. What is the time line from here on our. Today is day 22. Internal pip should be on what day? External?

img_6378-jpg.1304006
This pic cracked me UP!!
"WhoopDeeDoo, here I am!!!"

My two went on lock down today. I candled last night. The cracked egg I did not see any movement :( I am not hopeful but maybe theres still a chance. What is the time line from here on our. Today is day 22. Internal pip should be on what day? External?

Oh dear, i hope the both are ok. :fl You could see internal any time from 23-25, probably average 24, external on 24-25.

Oh dear, i hope the both are ok. :fl You could see internal any time from 23-25, probably average 24, external on 24-25.
I saw movement last night! The hardest part is upon us. Really hoping I can get both hatched. I also got my first hard shelled egg out of my best breeding trio yesterday. I have gotten several soft shells but finally one I can work with. It should be fertile as much fertilizing as I have seen going on lately lol

I saw movement last night! The hardest part is upon us. Really hoping I can get both hatched. I also got my first hard shelled egg out of my best breeding trio yesterday. I have gotten several soft shells but finally one I can work with. It should be fertile as much fertilizing as I have seen going on lately lol

:gig yep, its that time of year, the boys are... active... lol Hang in there, we'll be here for moral support! :fl

I will say with Calls, I tend to be more aggressive in assistance when it comes to timing. Just because of their natural tendency to be difficult to hatch on their own. Put patience and going slow is still key!

I still don't know how many eggs my Grey is on, but she is sticking tight. The others had started a nest, but it was up to 17 eggs, and no one was laying on them, so I put them in the incubator last night. Some are probably a couple weeks old, and we have had some cold nights, so they may not develop, but we'll see.

:gig yep, its that time of year, the boys are... active... lol Hang in there, we'll be here for moral support! :fl

I will say with Calls, I tend to be more aggressive in assistance when it comes to timing. Just because of their natural tendency to be difficult to hatch on their own. Put patience and going slow is still key!

I still don't know how many eggs my Grey is on, but she is sticking tight. The others had started a nest, but it was up to 17 eggs, and no one was laying on them, so I put them in the incubator last night. Some are probably a couple weeks old, and we have had some cold nights, so they may not develop, but we'll see.
Fingers crossed for a successful hatch. I don't know why mine are not laying!!!! I will be pestering yall to death when they start hatching. I am mentally prepared to assist if needed but I will definitely need guidance. I will keep updating as things change.

We ended up with seven out of 9 fertilized eggs. I'm not sure of the colors they will end up. If anyone can help me out there. I'm assuming some will be white of course. The last little black and white one required quite a bit of help and wasn't very hopeful, but after a rest he seems to be doing good.
View attachment 1304659 View attachment 1304662

I'm gearing up for hatch #2 of call ducks. I want to be the best "brooder" I can be- what incubator are you using and what humidity are you keeping it at? Humidity for lockdown? temperature? Tell me all your secrets please!!

I used a Brinsea. Temperature 99.5, Humidity 55 then 65 at hatch. I never change the temperature. I haven't found that it makes any difference. They all seem to be thriving. Good Luck - Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom