DAY 23 No Chicks? Candle or???

If you see the yolk then it doesn't have a chick and probably never did. Were these eggs shipped? Lack of visible aircell could mean that it is detached.

It sounds like your humidity was too high. Since it's day 23, I'd open at least one of the eggs you think look good and see if the chick needs help.
There were definitely live chicks inside , I candled and even have a video . Here's a photo I just took of what seems to be a dead chick

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 38
So , it doesn't look good, I couple still have yolks, no movement , one egg is HAS NO AIR CELL THAT I CAN SEE???? It did when I checked it last??? All other egg air cells look great, no internal pips though. Not sure I'll do this again! Lol

don't be too hard on yourself if none of them hatch, they are generally unconscious up to the point where they start to hatch and if they slipped away, it's sad but was probably painless. a spike that high for 8 hours is typically considered potentially deadly. still air incubators are more difficult to master in some ways. temps a little low often just extend the hatch date, so there is still a chance that some will hatch. it takes a time or two to get the hang of the humidity and temp and once you do the best success rates are around 60-80%, and as far as I know, it's not much better out in the wild... life isn't perfect, but it does prevail overall! hang in there, fingers crossed!

This thread has me anxious. I have two eggs in my incubator right now, alive at day 6, but it's nerve wracking. Gah. I hope at least one of your chicks makes it!

Back
Top Bottom