Day 24- passed the float test and I candled them

Zayan

Chirping
Oct 9, 2020
It is now day 24. I had 4 eggs in the incubator. One hatched on day 20 and he is happy and healthy. However the remaining 3 show no signs of growth. I did the float test and they all passed, meaning they floated slightly above the surface. I even candled them and I saw the body and veins. Is there anyway they are going to hatch?

Are they chickens or ducks? Don’t do the float test since it can drown them from the inside of the egg and it can cause some problems. Some chicks take a longer time to hatch, so leave them in for another day or two and see if any end up popping or hatching.

if there are still veins and you could saw some movements it's better you leave them as they are..eggshells are not insulated there are tiny holes which human eye cannot see it..they could have drowned so it's better not to do the float test..just wait and be patience..Goodluck🙏🏻

Are they chickens or ducks? Don’t do the float test since it can drown them from the inside of the egg and it can cause some problems. Some chicks take a longer time to hatch, so leave them in for another day or two and see if any end up popping or hatching.
They are silkie chickens. I already did the float test. Did this get rid of all my chances? There were no pipes or cracks when I did it.

Did you see any movement when you did the float test?
Yes! Super exciting! I did it 2x to be sure and had my daughter confirm. We waited until the egg and water had settled. Watched for additional movement and we got it! Little egg was rocking in different directions.

Back
Top Bottom