Day 26

If dry ok to be in the brooder if wet I would leave in incubator until dry.

They may just need time to adjust so I would let them rest for now as they don’t need food and water yet as they should be living off the yolk sac they absorbed.

Are you able to gently stretch the neck out?

If it’s a true deformity that they can’t overcome you may need to consider culling them.
Thank you so much for helping me!! So the one that hatched now is holding its neck straight out now. I think it should be ok. This one looks like it just wants to sleep. I will put it back now, hopefully it will look better later. Thanks for the advice. Here is a photo of yesterday shell.

Attachments

• 16839646209181659930866.jpg
    16839646209181659930866.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 12
Here is a photo of them both. The one that just hatched is in front. The other is breathing but just pies like that..not trying to walk or lift its head. I stretched out the neck, it keeps wanting to go the one side, when I turn it over the head still stays bent to the other side, it does not flip over.

Attachments

• 1683964797203578587310.jpg
    1683964797203578587310.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 10
No problem at all!

That shell looks too bloody so it probably wasn’t ready to hatch. This could be why they are not on top form right now. Shells are usually quite clean with just gunk left ~
03B1C2B7-425E-475D-9F93-61FB8D4F1B51.jpeg

No problem at all!

That shell looks too bloody so it probably wasn’t ready to hatch. This could be why they are not on top form right now. Shells are usually quite clean with just gunk left ~
View attachment 3503333
Oh they are so cute!! Yes the one that hatched today looks like that! Clean with only poo stuff. She looks to be encouraging her sibling while she is scampering around in the incubator. Do you think she will make it though, with time?

Here is a photo of them both. The one that just hatched is in front. The other is breathing but just pies like that..not trying to walk or lift its head. I stretched out the neck, it keeps wanting to go the one side, when I turn it over the head still stays bent to the other side, it does not flip over.
Yes it may have issues so time is all you give it right now. Hatching is hard on them so they are tired afterwards.

The front one looks little better.

I hope they prove us both wrong, I mean they did hatch on Day 27 when everywhere you ready after day 25 you should disgard the unhatched eggs.

I will let you know. Thanks for your support.
I will be honest with you and say probably not. But I can’t say for sure and I hope your chick proves me wrong but just be prepared :hugs

I will be honest with you and say probably not. But I can’t say for sure and I hope your chick proves me wrong but just be prepared :hugs
Heya! Just wanted to let you know that both are doing really great today! The one who had the head under the wing all the time now has his neck out straight! I put him in the brooder with his siblings and they take really good care of him! The other one that came out on day 27 is also good. They have now started standing more on their legs? Although not as much as they need to, but every hour is looks better. I am really surprized but they are fighters! I attach the photo of them here, they are the two smaller ones and we give them a lot of attention too!
20230514_092240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom