Day 29 one duck hatched day 26--still see movement in eggs but no pipping!

Morning everyone , the lil duck I was concerned about has hatched early this morning eeeekk just in incubator drying , I’ve one trying to get out and two nothing doing , one of the two a slight pip but nothing changed in 24 hours I’m going to just st leave them , they are on day 28 now any info would be fab thankyou first time and any advice so appreciated . Thanks in advance

Did the one hatch on its own or did you assist? With Call ducks only, I usually break off the shell over the air cell, if they have been pipped for over 24 hours. Sometimes they can’t rotate. But if you want to wait them out, that’s perfectly fine too.

Hi I only assited one by slightly removing a bit of shell ,the tiniest of bit, the other hatched it’s self , with reference to the one I’ve just asked about is alive as it’s just wobbled , it was def dry , and since I’ve moistened it and upped the humidity it’s gone back white again , am doing the right thing , can it be to wet , it’s just between two wet towels but not touching

Sleep alittle easier , my third lil fella has come out , needed help , totally stuck , took the decision , a hard one as I was terrified I’d hurt him , but he’s getting stronger as the time goes by , been hatched about two hours now , peeping and doing a few laps of the incubator , now known as Rocky , because he’s a lil fighter , bless him . Question my humidity is up to 90 due to open egg shells and wet duckling , I was going to leave him in there over night to rest , keep warm and dry , just worried high humidity for him would be un healthy , sorry for all the questions , just don’t want to harm him x

Sleep alittle easier , my third lil fella has come out , needed help , totally stuck , took the decision , a hard one as I was terrified I’d hurt him , but he’s getting stronger as the time goes by , been hatched about two hours now , peeping and doing a few laps of the incubator , now known as Rocky , because he’s a lil fighter , bless him . Question my humidity is up to 90 due to open egg shells and wet duckling , I was going to leave him in there over night to rest , keep warm and dry , just worried high humidity for him would be un healthy , sorry for all the questions , just don’t want to harm him x

Sorry I missed these posts. It’s been a while now, so I assume you got help or went with your gut.
I try to remove chicks and ducklings once they are moving about on their own and seem strong enough to head to the brooder, whether that be an hour after hatch or 24 hours. I go by their activity level.
Don’t worry about the high humidity as they are hatching. It’s normal for it to rise with wet chicks, but will settle back down fairly quickly.

How are they doing now?

Hi thankyou for reply , you’d never think he’s the same duckling , now in brooder withhis siblings , haring around , took all night in the incubator just resting, but wasn’t drying , so I put him in a towel made a kind of nest under a heat lamp , hay presto , did the trick , sat with him and made sure he was comfortable , one happy little fella now . Thanks again , just followed my gut by slowly slowly think that’s the key don’t rush and put into shock .

Hi one of my call duck eggs has been pipped for 24 hrs and no progress I read and n previous post about removing a bit of shell the tiniest bit and done a safe hole , how lng should I wait I know it can ake up to 48 hours I’ve read in some posts , can anyone advise what’s the best to do , I don’t want t to die in its shell , but don’t want to intervene to soon , it’s the tiniest hole and very small part of the pip the duckling made thanks in advance

Hi one of my call duck eggs has been pipped for 24 hrs and no progress I read and n previous post about removing a bit of shell the tiniest bit and done a safe hole , how lng should I wait I know it can ake up to 48 hours I’ve read in some posts , can anyone advise what’s the best to do , I don’t want t to die in its shell , but don’t want to intervene to soon , it’s the tiniest hole and very small part of the pip the duckling made thanks in advance

Call ducks are a bit different than other duck breeds. I don’t let them go 48 hours. Mine will die before that, if they haven’t made progress.
I remove the shell over the air cell if they externally pip, if it’s been 18-24 hours. Moisten the membrane, checking for blood vessels, make sure the bill and nares are clear, make sure there is no membrane stuck to the eyeball (hate when that happens!) and wait for them to progress after that.

IMG_2272.JPG

Back
Top Bottom