Day 29 one duck hatched day 26--still see movement in eggs but no pipping!

Pics
Hi one of my call duck eggs has been pipped for 24 hrs and no progress I read and n previous post about removing a bit of shell the tiniest bit and done a safe hole , how lng should I wait I know it can ake up to 48 hours I’ve read in some posts , can anyone advise what’s the best to do , I don’t want t to die in its shell , but don’t want to intervene to soon , it’s the tiniest hole and very small part of the pip the duckling made thanks in advance

24 hrs since internal pip? Safety holes done? Give it time. Keep talking to them that'll encourage them. You can start worrying 48-60 hrs after internal pip.

I heard call ducks can have problems hatching, maybe others that've hatched calls can chime in.

edit : just saw wvduckchick's posts. Wow I didn't know calls would need help that soon. Sorry, ignore me.

24 hrs since internal pip? Safety holes done? Give it time. Keep talking to them that'll encourage them. You can start worrying 48-60 hrs after internal pip.

I heard call ducks can have problems hatching, maybe others that've hatched calls can chime in.

Sorry, can’t wait that long on calls. At least no one I know that hatches calls does. Other ducks, yes.

Hi I’ve follow d the advice of a previous post to romove some of the shell vet air sac and careful not to remove white membrane , it’s got a safe hole a space of a ten pence piece of membrane I’ve put in wet warm towels to increase humidity so it doesn’t dry out , it beak it s now poking out of the hole it’s made bigger and cheating loads , I can see a bit of blood so don’t want to do anything to harm ilittle fella , shall I just watch and wait ? He’s been in there pipped 26 hours now and nothing till I gave him a safe hole now he seems to be more active , he’s trying to nibble membrane so help me guys , what’s best , I know calls have a bad rep for hatching thankyou

Hi I’ve follow d the advice of a previous post to romove some of the shell vet air sac and careful not to remove white membrane , it’s got a safe hole a space of a ten pence piece of membrane I’ve put in wet warm towels to increase humidity so it doesn’t dry out , it beak it s now poking out of the hole it’s made bigger and cheating loads , I can see a bit of blood so don’t want to do anything to harm ilittle fella , shall I just watch and wait ? He’s been in there pipped 26 hours now and nothing till I gave him a safe hole now he seems to be more active , he’s trying to nibble membrane so help me guys , what’s best , I know calls have a bad rep for hatching thankyou
Hopefully @WVduckchick will be here soon to guide you along the way. Hold tight and remain calm!

I’m sorry. We finally have had some decent weather so I’ve had tons to do outside.
How is the duckling coming along?

Hopefully @WVduckchick will be here soon to guide you along the way. Hold tight and remain calm!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom