Day old baby falling over

Rider4u

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
I have a day old baby chick that can’t stand up and keeps falling over on their left side. She can move both legs and doesn’t seem to have any foot problems. She falls on he left side and can’t roll back over. She’s lively and loud and this seems to be the only thing wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 7
Sometimes it can take some a little longer to find their legs. You can use a chick chair to help it stay upright and eat and drink better, some versions in this thread for idea's:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/
If you have some poultry nutri drench or poultry cell vitamins, give a couple of drops of that once a day.
Thanks so much! The chick chairs are so cute 😋 but I’m gonna give her a little while to see if she gets her feet under her and then I’ll try that.

Hey, did your chick end up ok? My day old silkie chick is doing the exact same thing. Super hyper and alert, but just can't stay upright and keeps falling to the side. Gave some Nutridrench but it doesn't take it very well from the syringe, sneezes everytime it gets a drop, still swallows it though so I know it's going down, but I've never had a chick do that when being handfed/watered... Any updates or new advice would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom