Day Old Chick - Slipped Tendon or Splayed Legs?? I Need Your Help PLEASE

That is perfect! Make sure that s/he does not put the hobble off during the night/day, where you are (it is almost midnight where I am) and you may put the bandages back on the feet to help fix the curled toes, although your chick will be fine walking like that. S/he will be a bit wobbley like I mentioned, but other then that, now it is just the waiting game. Keep the minerals and vitamins in the water, along with fresh water for the other chicks, watch for signs of mareks (I covered some above, but there is a post that goes further in the FAQ part of this webpage) Keep this forum posted, and I can help if any problems arose later in treatment

hugs.gif
ok...thanks!

Is there some other reasons why my yellow chick would be breathing and puffing?? It would be really said to isolate yellow chick..

Sorry I didn't respond sooner! There is a number of reasons why your yellow chick would have respitory problems, from early hatching to lack of energy. All I meant was to watch for other symptoms, and isolate if other symptoms of Mareks disease occur. Your chicks look so cute snuggled up together!

The chick will be 3 days old in another12 hours......I know time will be running out to help this chick. This morning there is no improvement :( The chick is constantly cheeping, cannot sit/stand or walk. Is there anything further I can do??

I do wonder if perhaps it might be a hip problem. How would I check for that?

Back
Top Bottom