Day Old Seramas- Possible Buff & White

Pato Pointe Farm

Chirping
Mar 10, 2021
Lake Mitchell Rockford, Alabama
Hello BYC Friends!

I took a chance and ordered 22 Serama eggs via farm listed on EBay. The eggs were delayed in shipping as there was a long holiday weekend. Upon arrival 11/22 were totally scrambled, 1 not fertile, rest were quitters. These six made it! I would not call this a success, but for shipped eggs I was pleased to get the six.
Today they are officially one day old.

Im thinking one of the white chicks might be white and buff as adult. I THINK I saw very tiny light brown tail feather after hatching. Anyway to tell which yellows will be white or buff?

Thank you! :wee

IMG_5959.jpg IMG_6002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5951.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5957.jpg
    IMG_5957.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5970.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5980.jpg
    IMG_5980.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5982.jpg
    IMG_5982.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5985.jpg
    IMG_5985.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6015.jpg
    IMG_6015.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 0
Oh my goodness! I do not know seramas but those are some gorgeous chicks!

I've ordered from eBay three times and had good luck each time, around 75%, except this last time which I too ordered over the holidays. I had 18 silkies and there are 8 in lockdown. Oh well, I too will be tickled if I get those to hatch!

Oh my goodness! I do not know seramas but those are some gorgeous chicks!

I've ordered from eBay three times and had good luck each time, around 75%, except this last time which I too ordered over the holidays. I had 18 silkies and there are 8 in lockdown. Oh well, I too will be tickled if I get those to hatch!
AAAWWWWWWW!!! Silkies are beautiful! I have been wondering about them and the Polish chicken with fancy head dress. I have read that both are susceptible to eye problems and mites.

What has been your experience?

GOOOOOD LUCK on your hatching! <3 <3 <3

AAAWWWWWWW!!! Silkies are beautiful! I have been wondering about them and the Polish chicken with fancy head dress. I have read that both are susceptible to eye problems and mites.

What has been your experience?

GOOOOOD LUCK on your hatching! <3 <3 <3
Silkies are prone to vitamin deficiencies, thus wry neck is one problem if not ensuring proper nutrition and vitamin supplements. The only eye issue I know of is we have to trim them sometimes so they can see.

As for mites, they have never had any other mites or lice because we religiously sprinkle the coop twice a month with food grade DE; however, that doesn't prevent scaly leg mites and they've gotten those three times now over the years. They are prone to them due to the feathered feet.

Silkies are prone to vitamin deficiencies, thus wry neck is one problem if not ensuring proper nutrition and vitamin supplements. The only eye issue I know of is we have to trim them sometimes so they can see.

As for mites, they have never had any other mites or lice because we religiously sprinkle the coop twice a month with food grade DE; however, that doesn't prevent scaly leg mites and they've gotten those three times now over the years. They are prone to them due to the feathered feet.
Thank you!! Great information <3

Back
Top Bottom