days old chick ate pine tree fuzz.

rharb

In the Brooder
May 4, 2020
So I let my days old ISA brown explore my sidewalk. Before I knew it, she ate 3 pieces of pine tree fuzz (little pink, pine cone looking things that rain down from the trees.) Her crop looks larger than it should in the morning. Are the chick grit products out there appropriate to use on birds this small?

So I let my days old ISA brown explore my sidewalk. Before I knew it, she ate 3 pieces of pine tree fuzz (little pink, pine cone looking things that rain down from the trees.) Her crop looks larger than it should in the morning. Are the chick grit products out there appropriate to use on birds this small?
I use the baby chick grit with the little ones In fear that they eat the pine shavings.

We are feeding them Purina medicated chick starter/grower. I assume grit is not in it, and the birds are inside our house under a heat lamp. Just to be clear, it is ok to give chick grit to a bird about 4 days old?

We are feeding them Purina medicated chick starter/grower. I assume grit is not in it, and the birds are inside our house under a heat lamp. Just to be clear, it is ok to give chick grit to a bird about 4 days old?
I would think so. I have given it to chicks at 1 week old. Maybe others have a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom