Need advice on sneezing 10 day old chick

teamtmo

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 25, 2015
Simi Valley, CA
I picked up 6 chicks from Kahoots in Moorpark two days ago. They are all between the ages of 6 days to 10 days and were vaccinated for Mareks and Coccidiosis by the hatchery.
My oldest one, the black maran sex link, has been sneezing for the past day and a half. She seems healthy otherwise. She is preening herself, eating, drinking water, and very active. I switched out the pine wood chips for a cotton bath towel, thinking the dust might be irritating her as I am keeping their brooder in my closet so the air circulation is not the best.
She is still sneezing after the bedding change, but otherwise seems okay.
The other chicks are not sneezing.
What could be going on with her, and should I separate her or give her anything to help?
I'm feeling new to this again because it has been 6 years since I have raised chicks.
My 5 year old is really attached to the chick that is sneezing and specifically picked her at the feed store. I really she will be okay.

As long as she's not wheezing and there is no discharge from her nose or mouth and she's otherwise acting normally i would think she should be ok. Keep a close eye on her for any changes

Back
Top Bottom