Days where you feel like making chicken soup.

PressOn

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 21, 2011
Woods Cross Utah
This morning at midnight I was woken by the chickens. My first thought was don’t wake the neighbors. I want to win over my neighbors to wanting chickens, not to encourage them to want me to get rid of mine. Next thought, perhaps it is a predator, exciting have not had a predator at this house yet. Now I am looking forward to a midnight raccoon hunt. But no not nearly as exciting as a predator. Snow.

When the chickens fell asleep on an outside perch at 8pm the world was dark and without snow. At midnight we had a blanket of snow reflecting all the street lights, business lights, and some moonlight. Stupid birds were yelling at me for not having the coop open for them as I always do for them in the morning. "Birds, you think I am stupid, I am not the one foolish enough to let snow persuade me into thinking it is morning.”

I put them all in the dark hen house put a bowl in front of the entrance, and of course straight to my computer to vent to my BYC friends. If I do not hear anything from the coop in the next ten minutes I am going back to bed.

The snow woke them up?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom