DE (food grade?) good or bad

Kathy, when my daughter and I met for Mother's Day, we took the grandson wading in a little creek. We were watching the little minnows swimming against the current, when I realized there was something that looked like glitter lying in the bed of the creek. It caused me to start giggling........ So I had to find the posts on here about "the glitter".

She thinks it is just as funny as we do. It was the best belly laugh we had had together for years.

Kathy, when my daughter and I met for Mother's Day, we took the grandson wading in a little creek. We were watching the little minnows swimming against the current, when I realized there was something that looked like glitter lying in the bed of the creek. It caused me to start giggling........ So I had to find the posts on here about "the glitter".

She thinks it is just as funny as we do. It was the best belly laugh we had had together for years.

Funny how that thread has made each of us giggle!

-Kathy

IMNSHO, DE, food grade or pool grade, is not safe to be inhaled. Add that it doesn't work, what's the point?

-Kathy

I see very mixed reviews on it, and it seems to be ineffective vs some parasites in some animals, and effective vs some parasites in some animals. Then I see things like this (link) and it reminds me that studies are only so effective, as each individual animal will also have different reactions to things. So who knows. Maybe when it does work, it's just luck. Or maybe it's just that the circumstances and amounts have to be right.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21673156

Last edited:
My sister told me about DE when we first got our chicks and we have been using in on and around the chicken coop and run/free range area since they moved outside. I also put is all around on the ground in my rabbit free range area along with where they poop the most. The one thing that I noticed is that it definitely keeps the area dry and smell free. We also live in west Texas where our average humidity during the day is like 10% so it keeps the DE dry for long periods of time. My sister up in Wisconsin uses it all around her farm and swears by it so I gave it a try. As for its deworming benefits, I don't know. All I know is that it keeps things dry and pretty much odor free.

Back
Top Bottom