Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I am a great advocate of de-barking dogs. I know it was a rhetorical question but the surgery has saved the lives of many chrnic barkers that would have ended up dead due to noise ordinances. It is completely justified.
chronic barking is due to a lack of proper management, if the people are unable to provide the proper environment and training for the dog, keeping it alive in the same substandard conditions is NOT an adequate alternative.

All opinions aside I really love my rooster, make no mistake de-crowing does not mean he doesn't make a sound, quite the opposite he makes plenty of sound all day all night whenever however the only difference is, he is a bit quieter than your average rooster but believe me I can hear him at 3 a.m. in the morning.

So please understand that you will not hurt my feelings, you will not make me upset and you will not sway me in any way. Your opinion is more than welcome here and I incourage it.

I have had Rajesh my rooster for a year now from Dr James, as I stated above he still makes plenty of noise and can call his girls back whenever he needs to, he can still warn other males that this is his territory just like a rooster should. The winter did not take off the points on his comb but otherwise he did great this winter. We got several chicks from him this past winter and now we have hen who is broody setting on a clutch of eggs. With these efforts we can provide ourselves with fresh eggs, meat, and chicks and further our efforts in changing a run down city into an urban farming community and restoring our once forgotten beautiful city. In addition to that we are doing bat keeping and bee keeping throughout the city.

Thanks again for your time in reading I hope you enjoy the picture and shortly I will upload a video as well.

I agree about debar king dogs. While there are some breeds that tend to bark mor than others, good, positive training will teach them not to bark to excess. Sometimes you want your dogs to bark!

On the subject of dogs its extremely important that dogs have exercise n mental stimilation. Training is everyday of their lives. I have three, two of which run five miles with me. But all three walk 3-5 miles with me. I work with trainers and have taken 3 dogs from not so great homes into dogs that function extremely well in our home n neighborhood.

Hey everybody! Just wanting to tell you guys that I have a facebook page up now, I'd appreciate anybody that I have dealt with to add videos/pics, stories etc. to help promote it. Also don't forget about the website, http://www.quietroosters.com. I have several good videos of some roosters that are available. Thanks.

Dr. James

Back
Top Bottom