Decrowing Roosters.

Decrowing Roosters, Positive or Negative??

• Positive

Votes: 239 61.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 153 39.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time reader. I come on here and read the forums whenever I need advice, love it! I have a couple of roos, still little young guys so no crowing yet, and I live in San Diego where we are not allowed to have roosters. There was one in my neighborhood a few months ago, who crowed every morning at dawn, then i stopped hearing him so there was probably some kind of complaint. I've seen the quiet roosters, and would love to keep a roo this year, as i'm pretty heart broken that I will have to get rid of one or all of them at some point. They're my babies, i hatched them in my incubator, and i'm worried about rehoming them obviously. I'm hoping to do the surgery and keep one of my little guys if possible but Doctor James is not doing it anymore, for the time being. Does anyone know anyone else who is doing it, and is in California, or can take shipments from here? Thanks for the info!

This of you that have had success with No-Crow collars, how much of a reduction have you had? And, how often do you take the collar off? I am exploring all methods, and will probably try out the collar somewhere down the line. But I am worried about neck irritation with this method.

This of you that have had success with No-Crow collars, how much of a reduction have you had? And, how often do you take the collar off? I am exploring all methods, and will probably try out the collar somewhere down the line. But I am worried about neck irritation with this method. 

You may want to look into blue isbars, I think the roos have basically no crow, very quiet.

bring the roosters to the basement or bathroom at night, cover the cage with a dark cloth so they don't know when day break is.

Back
Top Bottom