Delete, OR Close MY Thread Please? (THREAD TAKEN THE WRONG WAY)

Do You Like The Idea of a New Gamefowl Breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that if you're looking to create a new game breed, you need straight games to do it. Like grab one of your games and breed it with a jungle fowl to keep the game true. Now, a big issue with all games are they were originally bred for fighting. So creating something of the same class... Now they're show birds only, and not being in the APA would in a way, make them kinda senseless. If you do want to get them into the APA, you would need other breeders helping you to prefect, and prove them to breed true. This all could be a lot of work. I do not oppose creating any new breeds, this above is just my thoughts. :p
I have Red JungleFowl X American Game cross hens I'm gonna use.
As long as I just use the Fighting Instinct traits, I should be set.
20201127_154849.jpg

I also have Malays.

Here's my Game Like EE. This is before he started fighting constantly.
20210221_141952.jpg
20210221_141838.jpg
20210221_141940.jpg

Now he's all ratty, & straggly from fighting constantly with my other Rooster.
20210619_151202.jpg
20210619_151210.jpg
The other boy who fights with him constantly. Pictures before fighting.
20210221_142513.jpg
20210221_142536.jpg
Here he is now after fighting constantly.
20210619_151229.jpg
20210619_151257.jpg

Such a cool thread! Watching! :pop
Ps. I've heard conflicting info on wether or not Malay roosters would protect my flock. We have a ton of predators up here, and I'd be interested in the breed if they would actually do the job. I'm very interested in the Liege Fighters as well. Never heard of it.

I’m not trying to discourage you from any kind of breeding hobby but if you want to breed gamefowl you need to start with actual gamefowl. I would recommend you find someone selling gamefowl (not on craigs list) pay the money they’re asking and start there. You will never get anything resembling gamefowl with what you currently own.

Gamefowl breeds are generally known by and made famous by the breeder who bred the birds when they were doing good.
They are all crosses of various strains and most people who raise gamefowl have a handful if not more various crosses on their yards. This is very common and nothing new.
I suppose anyone can breed two birds together and call it a new strain but it’s doubtful anyone interested in gamefowl would care a whole lot.
I’d also forget about any nongame breeds being in the mix. I have never seen an EE body type even closely resemble a gamecock and broken feathers doesn’t equate to a brawl, dead chickens do. I’d stick with something easier to manage. Good luck!
Is it even possible to create a new gamefowl breed in the present USA? You don't know which chickens to breed without seeing them in action, which is illegal. You don't have to reply if it will get you in trouble. Just use Like ❤️ for YES and Like 🙁 for NO.

Is it even possible to create a new gamefowl breed in the present USA? You don't know which chickens to breed without seeing them in action, which is illegal. You don't have to reply if it will get you in trouble. Just use Like ❤️ for YES and Like 🙁 for NO.
We're not gonna be fighting them, which is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom