Desert plum homestead chickies (PIX FINALLY!)

Desert Plum

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
So. Calif desert area
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I finally broke down and got a digital camera so I could take some pictures without having to wait for development. Behold my seven week old babies (just a few pictures).
lol.png

Cindy the Red star and/or Golden comet. I post this picture in hopes it helps someone else like me who isn't sure what they have because the color changed. Cindy went from Buff to Cream white. I'm puzzled because I know males are white from egg to adulthood-what about the Red Star or Gold comet females? Do they go from Buff to Cream to something?
Anyway, here's Cindy!

100_0010.jpg

Cinnamon the Partridge Rock (I think) Pretty sure I gave away all my NHR. Darn.

100_0019.jpg

Mina the Naked Neck (she's huge!)

100_0016.jpg

Deliah the Delaware (also big!)

100_0018.jpg

That's it for now! I'll try to get my EE, Sara to stand still or Bobby the talkative BR to not run away from photos.

Cindy's an EE. Beard, green legs and probably has pea comb. None of those are supposed to be on any sex-links(like comets or stars).

Cinnamon isn't partridge colored.. could be nhr or ?? Brown egg layer.

Quote:
A white EE? She didn't have that beard like my Cinderella (RIP) who had a beard as a baby. Who would have thought it-apparently EEs sometimes do come in white. What colored eggs do they lay I wonder...?

Cinnamon has the jury out still. Sarah is my EE with partridge markings so for a while I thought she was the PR. I got a mutt batch it sounds like-won't know what those mystery chicks are until they are a few months old I guess.

Last edited:
Beards/muffs come in almost all shapes and sizes- they can be 'fluffy' or lie rather smooth against the head.. she definitely has a beard/muff. Maybe not as big as your Cinderella had.. but look at her and you'll see sort of a 'ruff'.

EE have no standard so literally anything goes for 'em. She is not an Ameraucana as their standard calls for slate legs only.

One way of identifying chicks out of a mixed breed batch is to check their combs.

Quote:
A white EE? She didn't have that beard like my Cinderella (RIP) who had a beard as a baby. Who would have thought it-apparently EEs sometimes do come in white. What colored eggs do they lay I wonder...?

Cinnamon has the jury out still. Sarah is my EE with partridge markings so for a while I thought she was the PR. I got a mutt batch it sounds like-won't know what those mystery chicks are until they are a few months old I guess.

I think she looks like an EE, too. I have a white EE. Here's a pic.
26445_dsc01288.jpg

Back
Top Bottom