destruction and disposal order --help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my gosh. All your birds? That does not seem right at all. not only did everything test negative, but it was eggs. not like you took those eggs and rubbed them all over your birds.

This hurts my heart

my son is wonderful! he just orchestrated having cbs news from richmond showing up tonight -- i hope it helps!
fl.gif
that is great news , was thinking earlier if you got the media in on this it would be good . don't know if it will help save your birds but worth trying.
just no sense in this happening to you or anyone else whose birds have tested negative, good luck !

i have NO intention of suing her ... my heart is breaking for her ..it's the people that are part of my pea/goose/silkie genocide....i guess i should have been more clear
hide.gif
Oh ok sorry i miss understood ,but if the goverment or state wants to pay you for your birds and you accept payment don't think you can sue them as you settled for their offer, so IMO if you plan to sue for more than just cash value of your birds do not take anything from them and do get a lawyer asap, i am praying for you and your flocks heck didn't you just move there not long ago?

As I said earlier, this is only going to get worse. I received a text about an hour ago from a large breeder that said the farm responsible for the current problem shipped to some 36 states recently. Some were drop shipped from other locations. There are now four quarantined farms in Louisiana. The quarantine may change to depopulation requirements. Louisiana is mad that eggs came in that did not meet their enhanced requirements. I have not confirmed any of this, but I would not have gotten the text if he were not sure.

I would bet that there were hundreds if not thousands of packages mailed today with eggs in them and only a small fraction meet the current mailing regulations of both the feds and the states involved with regards to NPIP and health certifications. Although NPIP does not guarantee anything in reality, this outbreak if it gets much worse is going to change how we do things long term.

And this is most likely NOT any fault of the farm being discussed. They are most likely in a flyway that caused their problem.

Pray for really hot weather. That may stop it, at least temporarily.

This sucks for all of us.

Edit: OOPS, I got a word censored! First time ever. Guess I need to say a little extra prayer tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom