Detox Your House and Cosmetics! What do you do?

Pics

mobius

Songster
Feb 29, 2016
Roosting. In A Tree. In Deepest NW Montana.
A little about me to get things going! I started detoxing my house and anything I put on my skin about five years ago, I think. I have a lovely herb garden that helps with ingredients for cleaning and healing balms, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, and so forth.

Finally getting chickens was part of this whole proscess, and I considered them "The Missing Link" to my little eco-system.

What do you do or what have you removed from your house to detox?

Three years ago or so I threw out gardening stuff as well...insecticides, herbicides, fertilizer. Ew. Now the chickens are my go-to, and there are concoctions I devise. But mostly there is a mini-eco system around my house for the garden, and I have a bat house and I see little to no bugs or problems on the garden plants.

I would love to have engaging conversation thread here...can include food also of course....happy to share recipes here! And ask me anything! And please share what you do! i will keep adding too!

And give those weeds to the chickens lol...that is why they are the missing link!

plastic is the rotten hardest thing isn't it...
Don't have any chickens yet. Guineas get some and so do the rabbits.
Yeah, and they keep making more stuff out of plastic that used to be metal or other material.

Lol it not about being advanced...I found it a very step at a time process....love the cheesemaking! And thank you very much for joining.

You know, it took me a while. I literally had to go through every bathroom cabinet and think, is this toxic? And then I had a lot of fun ordering supplies.

But here is the thing. Making my own deodorant, for example, is MUCH less expensive than buying it. And I know what is in it. My kitchen is now my laboratory....

So i am now at the point where if I need laundry detergent, or toothpaste, I just go to my cabinets and pull out the ingredients rather than go to the store.

Thank you SO much for joining!

Back
Top Bottom