Show me your duck house!

Schfam

Chirping
Jun 16, 2022
Hello all! I'm in the process of planning a duck house that will connect to our existing chicken run. I keep going back and forth with ideas. I'd love to see your duck houses! What do you love about your setup? Is there anything you'd do differently?

Thanks for sharing!!

This is my Duck house and run. The roof is lifted up a little to allow for ventilation. I know there should be more but I’m not handy enough with power tools to make some.
The thing I like best about this run is ease of cleaning. I just spray down the wood and the rocks. Inside the house I stapled heavy duty weed barrier fabric; this makes it easier to clean out the shavings.
One thing I would do differently is put the food dish closer to the door so I don’t have to walk through duck droppings to get it.
The last photo is from a while back. I’ve updated everything since 🙂.

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpeg
    IMG_2584.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2067.jpeg
    IMG_2067.jpeg
    661.5 KB · Views: 54
This is my Duck house and run. The roof is lifted up a little to allow for ventilation. I know there should be more but I’m not handy enough with power tools to make some.
The thing I like best about this run is ease of cleaning. I just spray down the wood and the rocks. Inside the house I stapled heavy duty weed barrier fabric; this makes it easier to clean out the shavings.
One thing I would do differently is put the food dish closer to the door so I don’t have to walk through duck droppings to get it.
The last photo is from a while back. I’ve updated everything since 🙂.
Thank you for sharing! It's funny that you mention putting the food closer to the door because that's a mistake I made in our chicken coop! I was planning to put vinyl on the floor if I can get scrap somewhere for ease of cleaning, but weed barrier may be a good alternative I hadn't thought of. Thank you! What is the box by their food and water used for?

The first one hold 11 chickens and 12 ducks and one goose the second is my Muscovy coop and the third was my goose house until our gander died and I moved the goose in with the chickens and ducks the one to the left of goose was our original chicken coop it’s just a winter hang out now IMG_1295.jpeg IMG_1294.jpeg

Thank you for sharing! It's funny that you mention putting the food closer to the door because that's a mistake I made in our chicken coop! I was planning to put vinyl on the floor if I can get scrap somewhere for ease of cleaning, but weed barrier may be a good alternative I hadn't thought of. Thank you! What is the box by their food and water used for?
The box is the house they sleep in at night 🙂

Back
Top Bottom