Developing My Own Breed Of Large Gamefowl For Free Range Survival (Junglefowl x Liege)

IMG_7981.jpeg

For comparison, here is Indo in January 2022.

View attachment 3723771

I don’t have time for a full writeup yet. Hopefully I can catch up documentation on my projects over the weekend.

I have come around to being ok with putting Indo back on free range. He’s fine acting. The darkness on his comb and ear is from wire fighting once turned out. He’s over it now. He’s a smart boy. I want him to breed his Marek’s resistant daughters that have been on free range for nearly 2 years now.

No updated pics on Sherman yet. He’s looking good. He half-heartedly attacked me the other day but I think he was trying to get me to feed him. It was a soft bite not a flog. All my orientals have been oushy for food in their stag stage.
Indo looks amazing.

View attachment 3723771

I don’t have time for a full writeup yet. Hopefully I can catch up documentation on my projects over the weekend.

I have come around to being ok with putting Indo back on free range. He’s fine acting. The darkness on his comb and ear is from wire fighting once turned out. He’s over it now. He’s a smart boy. I want him to breed his Marek’s resistant daughters that have been on free range for nearly 2 years now.

No updated pics on Sherman yet. He’s looking good. He half-heartedly attacked me the other day but I think he was trying to get me to feed him. It was a soft bite not a flog. All my orientals have been oushy for food in their stag stage.
I like that tail! That’s one of the downsides of the pure Asian Games is even if they have a bit of tail the angle ruins it. Somewhere on-line there’s a picture of a bird with just the most spectacular tail I’ve ever seen on a chicken. Matter-of-fact…it’s on my library somewhere stolen off of the internet. If I recall correctly the original called this bird by the wrong breed name (not my bird or my photograph):

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 17
I like that tail! That’s one of the downsides of the pure Asian Games is even if they have a bit of tail the angle ruins it. Somewhere on-line there’s a picture of a bird with just the most spectacular tail I’ve ever seen on a chicken. Matter-of-fact…it’s on my library somewhere stolen off of the internet. If I recall correctly the original called this bird by the wrong breed name (not my bird or my photograph):
I would be surprised if that bird wasn’t infused with Sumatra.

Are you going to make any more youtube videos soon?
No.... and yes. ;)

From April until December last year I was simply too busy. I'm a trial attorney by trade, and I had a bunch of high-stakes trials back to back through December. I'm done for a while now and I'm still decompressing.

I don't get the same level of enjoyment I used to get from making videos, and if it wasn't for my book coming out soon, I'd probably shut my channel down and only do write-ups through here as my projects progress.

But, I did just sink a large sum of money into a professional-grade, 4k camcorder. So I must be up to something...

Nothing to report. The Liege still aren't laying. I had 2 dozen chicks of various backgrounds and a hard freeze tanked them all night before last. Went from 80F to 25F in a short span. When I know a freeze like that is coming I'll put out a IR light and that will get them through. But this one snuck up on me and all they had was their heat plate. It wasn't enough.

Back
Top Bottom