Dewlap African Geese...Post pics!!!

Most part FRed and Mikey are the oldest and fred is on the top of the pecking order. He is the A blue. The Africans are so sweet I say that now ha. I have two Americans buffs males that I need to get rid of . I have to many boys. Right now I really don't want any babies. They are to young. I had to use my tablet to take the pictures and I was able to post them. No the greatest . Most pic. Are on my phone but I c0an t seem to log in . I can't see were to sign in.

Hey can africans and embdens live together
Yes. I'm in France. Africans are rare here but I have one. There are some near me that are African X Emden. I had Emdens in the UK. It's a beautiful breed. Mine were very loyal and communicative. I had eight geese and two ganders. One day a gander and eight geese came onto my patio and shuffled about looking worried. I went outside and they took me to their shed. One of the ganders was there, very dead. I put him in the wheelbarrow and took him into the garden, the geese following. I buried him and cried, the geese watched and looked sad. For the next few days they came every day and we grieved together. If you want an intelligent and sensitive breed Emden is the one.

Great Pictures!! Been looking at the Buff Africans...after looking at the pics I think I will get them.
love.gif

Quote:
That's funny because I have been thinking of getting browns
smile.png
I have one 18 year old brown African goose that most likely came from or is out of hatchery stock. She has a dewlap and knob but is very small. Your browns are gorgeous! I really do love my buffs. I had been wanting to get them for years. I am sure you won't be dissapointed if you get some. As for me I think I might have to add a nice pair or two of browns next year
lol.png

I have a Super African I bought from a guy who couldn't keep her/him. He got the goose from Metzer's. Are Africans also known as African Dewlaps? Or are Dewlaps a separate breed? I ask because I see different types of African geese yet they all look the same other then maybe size. Ok, Brown African is different because of the color I'm sure. Here is a picture of mine. This goose is 3 1/2 months old. I do not know the sex and I have only one of this breed.

45848_9-20-2011g_4.jpg

45848_9-20-2011g_7.jpg

I have to say everyones birds look gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom