Deworming with safeguard pellets

Has anyone used the Safeguard 0.5% type c medicated feed to deworm their chickens? I bought some from tractor supply and I cannot figure out what the dosage would be. Any help would be great!
Welcome to BYC! I have to look it up, but I think it's supposed to be mixed in their feed and fed continuously as their sole ration six days in row.

Welcome to BYC! I have to look it up, but I think it's supposed to be mixed in their feed and fed continuously as their sole ration six days in row.

Thank you for the welcome!! I have been reading and lurking for 3 years now and just finally made an account! Took me long enough lol.
Yes I am going to put it in her feed but don't want to give her too much, or not enough. All the threads I have been reading on byc talk about the liquid drops to put in water. Hoping somebody knows about the pellets. Thanks again

Thank you for the welcome!! I have been reading and lurking for 3 years now and just finally made an account! Took me long enough lol.
Yes I am going to put it in her feed but don't want to give her too much, or not enough. All the threads I have been reading on byc talk about the liquid drops to put in water. Hoping somebody knows about the pellets. Thanks again
I'm on the iPad now, which is too old and slow to research and post properly, but I will get you something when I get back on the computer. What worms were you hoping to treat?

I'm on the iPad now, which is too old and slow to research and post properly, but I will get you something when I get back on the computer. What worms were you hoping to treat?

Thank you so much! Honestly I am not sure what and if she has worms, I am going by what I have been reading on this site and on a facebook group.

Thank you for your help. I was able to get her to eat some of it mixed with her feed but today she won't eat it. I am not sure what else to do for the poor thing...I am not even sure if she does in fact have worms.

Thank you for your help. I was able to get her to eat some of it mixed with her feed but today she won't eat it. I am not sure what else to do for the poor thing...I am not even sure if she does in fact have worms.
Did you ever get her to eat it. My sick 9mos old is only 1.5lbs at most so I tried to give her 1 pellet even mixed in meal worms & she won't eat it!

Back
Top Bottom