Deworming

Maryam.

Songster
Dec 22, 2017
Hi,
I had some questions about deworming with levamisole. I recently bought levamisole from a drugstore for my ducks spring deworming.
This morning i added it to their water and they’ve been drinking it ever since. I was just searching more about side effects of it. I read this in an article “
Drinking water should be withheld for 12 - 16 hours prior to treatment (best overnight). “ i didn’t know about this and even the vet from the drugstore didn’t mention it ;is this gonna affect their health or interfere with the medicine effect?
And also about egg withdrawal, i know it shouldn’t be used by human for 2-4 days , but can i feed them their egg (boiled) in this period? Or it’s not safe for them either?

Last edited:
Drinking water should be withheld for 12 - 16 hours prior to treatment (best overnight). “ i didn’t know about this and even the vet from the drugstore didn’t mention it ;is this gonna affect their health or interfere with the medicine effect?
I think they suggest this because withholding water will make them drink more, which means they will get more medication, which will make it more effective. If they are drinking a normal amount I don't think I would worry to much.

And also about egg withdrawal, i know it shouldn’t be used by human for 2-4 days , but can i feed them their egg (boiled) in this period? Or it’s not safe for them either?
They say that you you shouldn't feed eggs back to them because those eggs will contain a small amount of the drug which could cause work resistance to that drug. Me, I would probably feed them back to the birds.

They say that you you shouldn't feed eggs back to them because those eggs will contain a small amount of the drug which could cause work resistance to that drug. Me, I would probably feed them back to the birds.
Thank you very much for your response! It was so helpful:love It was their first time to use levamisole, they seem fine except for being sleepy all day which i think it’s one of side effects... hopefully it’ll pass soon

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom