DH Has a Pocket Pooper (pics)

joletbaby.......one of my chicks also tore itself open when hatching. I didn't know about superglue then, but I did put a band aid over it. When he had fluid buildup around the wound, I thought about culling him, but he didn't seem to be in pain. I thought for sure he wouldn't make it, but he's now 3 weeks old and perfectly healed. (just a little behind on feather development on his tail) He's now the sweetest little thing and will sleep in my hand, or on my leg.

Cynthia.......good luck with the little one. I really hope it makes a full recovery.
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyn, WOW! Great pictures- maybe the little chickie bed will help- but I think that chick is happiest in your DH's arms!!!

New2Chooks- thank you for telling me that- I hope Superchick will do the same, and end up being the most beautiful of the bunch!!!

Cynthia, Thanks for posting current photos of Pocket Pooper....OMG she is so cute! I am almost sold on her.
love.gif

It looks like she has DH wrapped around her little heart!

She is a plucky little critter, I'll give her that. There is still the possibility that we can't help her, but she is amazing, this one. I'm about convinced that it's a girl--the comb is pretty much invisible, but it's too early to tell. She wants company, but it's hard to hold a chick and quilt or do anything other than hold the chick.

ETA: We realized that the other hock has gone the same way, maybe too much stress from the already injured leg. That makes our decision for us. Poor little critter has such heart.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom