dh on my nerves.

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
I found a baby swing my daughter loves it cost 170. I want to get it for my daughter . dh is griping about the cost. even though my mom and sister are going to help buy it. he says my daughter shouldn't buy a crip. where does he expect the baby to sleep? he is ruining our excitement over this baby. My daughter is getting the crib. I know he is happy about the baby. he just gripes about how much all the baby stuff cost now days. just a rant

Lots of babies sleep with their parents, or in a bassinet or cradle for the first few months.

I suggest asking DH for a budget, then select what you choose within the budget. I can't imagine paying $170 for a swing, and we could easily afford it.

Resale shops are awesome at finding gentley used baby furnature and toys at a fraction of the cost. Maybe you have someone that can give you hand me downs too?

Good luck and congratulations on the baby! When are you due?

Is your DH handy at all? My husband built a cradle for our first grandson out of antique oak from a church remodel. It will be an heirloom for years to come. Perhaps he just needs to feel more included in all your excitement.

he is not handy and its not like I am buying everything for the baby and I am not the only one paying for this swing. It will only cost me about 60. my mom and my sister are paying the rest. my daughter has not asked for anything for this baby. we were looking at it and I saw how much she really liked it.

I hear ya on the cost of things! Remind him that this stuff isn't just for this one baby, but can be used for successive children as well. That may help reconcile him to the cost. Also, I'm with you on the crib thing. Personally, I only had my kids in the same room with me for the first couple of weeks before we starting keeping each other awake! It all depends on personal parenting style.

DH and I have had quite a few round's here over baby item's.But then again baby and daughter has been living with us since he was born.He will be 2 in August.I no longer buy many toy's as He is in his Exploration period and has been for month's and barely touche's his Huge assortment of toy's Us and other family member's have bought.We did have a fairly nice swing when the baby was born his other granpa bought that.The walker on the other hand was a total waste of money,We used the almost $100 stroller a lot in the first year but has been parked now since he has been walking in Nov.!I know everyone would like to have their children or grandkid's the best stuff but more expensive doesn't always mean better.We started out with the convertable pack and play bassinet/playard then got a nice used crib last year and he still naps in the pack&play yet. You could get a nice swing and a motion bouncer for the price of just the swing.Even newborn's get bored and like different setting's.And don't go overboard on clothe's another tip.They grow fast and We have sorted out tons Baby never even wore here.All good intentions of family members but...

Ahhhh yes.... the cost of things today!! We should still be paying .25 a gallon for gas,, bread was only a nickel back..... times and economies change! What is $170 today was probably about $55 when Steven was a baby! But I also make more now,, the minimum wage has gone up, everything is more expensive. Enjoy your daughter's baby and do whatever the heck you want for it short of obscene!

een looking for a used crib. but all we have found used are the dropside cribs. and DD doesnt want to use those because of all the recalls on them. and I have to agree with her. and we will not get a used car seat because you never know if they have been in an accident.

You don't think that maybe you are getting on husband's nerves just a little, do you?

Usually a broom will sweep in both directions.

Back
Top Bottom