Diary of Max

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
9 days old now and this lil dude has burrowed his way into my heart ... how do some do this?

Hes definately looking a beautiful silver now, and yesterday he started stretching his wings ... tht has to be my favorite thing, when he comes out the brooder n runs around on my couch and me his little hops and wing flaps bring out my inner (very deep down) girl and I actually "squee" out loud 😅 its embarrassing!

Currently Max pecks at the brooder door when he wants to wander about. He'll spend 10 minutes giving me heart attacks as he has ZERO fear n wants to go say hi to my dogs (who watch him licking their lips) Don't worry they're well trained to "leave" or I wouldn't have him out at all.

After 10 mins of taunting the dogs he'll then run to my hand and do what I call his "snuggle spaz" (kinda reminds me of my dogs drying themselves after a bath 🤣) until I close my hand round him, then he'll promptly fall asleep squeaking away, with that I'll pop him back into his cozy bed in his brooder. He wants out about every 3-4 hours n he knows I won't pick him up til after he's pooped so he pecks then poops then hops into my hand 🤣

I'm not planning on putting him/her with my other birds as he seems pretty content with me as his one and only, I am waiting for a little cinnamon chick atm and have another batch of eggs coming, so think if I'm successful in hatching a cinny, I'll pop it in with Max and tame it the same way.

Should I wait for it to be grown before introducing them and keep it singly like Max or shall I try and pair them ASAP?

Here's a pik of my lil dude/dudette

Attachments

• 20220822_152512.jpg
    20220822_152512.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom