Did anyone set September 2nd/3rd? I could use hatching buddies!

Quote:
Candled at day 5 and they are all clear
hit.gif

I guess 2600 miles was to far of a journey
hit.gif

I will leave them a few more days and check again and pray for a miracle
fl.gif

On day 6, mine are about 1/3 clear, 1/3 with veins/dark spot, and 1/3 are questionable. I'm not going to candle again until around day 12, then again at lockdown.

My eggs came from Tennessee to California, and the box they were shipped in looks like the post office played field hockey with it when it got here. I had a number of broken and cracked eggs... it was a mess. They were *very* well packed, but you know, it's almost like the post office sees the word "Eggs" or the word "Fragile" and start getting careless.

I wish DHL or other carriers would accept eggs for shipping.

Out of 36 eggs, 24 shipped, 12 picked up locally, so far I have had 3 cracked (shipped) and 4 I threw out 2 nights ago b/c there was no sign of development. I cracked them all open, and only 1 showed any sign of development, and it had stopped around day 2-3, I would guess. Hoping the rest of them make it!

Quote:
Candled at day 5 and they are all clear
hit.gif

I guess 2600 miles was to far of a journey
hit.gif

I will leave them a few more days and check again and pray for a miracle
fl.gif

Well I guess a miracle happened or I should wait longer to candle eggs. 17 out of the 24 have little moving embryos. One I can't tell for sure and 6 were not fertile.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I'm at the week point with mine, set 10. Only one wasn't fertile, and another I had to throw because it stopped developing at about 4 days. I candled them today and in at least 6 of the 8 left I saw movement! I think this hatch is gonna be a good one for me! Last time I set 4 and got none.

I'd like to join too! My white leghorn Molly has been sitting on 7 eggs since 9/4. Papa is a black star (I believe) and this is our first potential hatch ever:)

Back
Top Bottom