Did I really get a Dutch Booted Bantam from Tractor Supply?

I picked up two chicks from the bantam bin at Tractor Supply this summer just for fun. One turned out to be a Porcelain D'Uccle hen. The other is a booted hen with vulture hocks and the longest foot feathers I have ever seen on a chicken in person. She has a completely clean face. She is tan with black on her neck, tail, wings and feet.

Based on the fact it was Tractor Supply and I got a Porcelain D'Uccle hen from the same bin, the obvious answer would be a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. However, there are no speckles coming in anywhere. I've attached a picture of the porcelain hen and she has the speckling you would expect.

What breed do you think she is?

Thanks!
Beautiful!!!

I picked up two chicks from the bantam bin at Tractor Supply this summer just for fun. One turned out to be a Porcelain D'Uccle hen. The other is a booted hen with vulture hocks and the longest foot feathers I have ever seen on a chicken in person. She has a completely clean face. She is tan with black on her neck, tail, wings and feet.

Based on the fact it was Tractor Supply and I got a Porcelain D'Uccle hen from the same bin, the obvious answer would be a Mille Fleur D'Uccle. However, there are no speckles coming in anywhere. I've attached a picture of the porcelain hen and she has the speckling you would expect.

What breed do you think she is?

Thanks!
I have a bantam with the same light brown with black but it doesn't have as much black on the feet and the feathers are not even as long as the feathers on yours.
How can you tell it is a hen? I am not sure what mine is yet thankfully it is not trying to grow yet like the naked neck is. I am kind of bummed I was hoping for 2 hens

Back
Top Bottom