Did the water trough of the Hovabator Genesis 1588 change?

SusanJoM

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Santa Rosa, California
I am incubating in an older Hova and when I went to the website and downloaded the directions, the description of the clear plastic tray that holds the water doesn't match with mine. The directions say to fill the inner trough for incubating and then both troughs for hatching.

But...mine has a center trough, a middle trough, and two troughs along the side.
Can anyone tell what the appropriate directions are for this other style ?.

Susan

Sorry,Cameronfarm, with so much traffic, I missed your response to my question until just how.
Later today I will pull the turner and the eggs, add some water, and try to get a picture at the same time..
Thanks.

I have that same incubator. You are suppose to put water in the middle trough for the first 18 days. Doing that my humidity runs about 50%. The last 3 days you put water in the middle trough and the center trough. Doing that my humidity runs between 60-65%.

Tina

Here's a picture of the water tray.

As you can see, at some point I colored the troughs. The inner and outer ones are red (or were) and the middle is blue. This makes me think that I was supposed to fill the blue ones for one part of the hatch and the blue and the red ones for the other.

Currently I have had the center trough filled, but the humidity is still only around 40. Today I looked carefully and can see that the surface of the middle trough (blue) probably is a bit more than that of the inner trough, so I filled that one instead.

Ah, Tina, thank you .....
Exactly what I sort of figured out belatedly.
Hopefully the developing chickies will forgive my lapse and get on with it.....:))))

Susan

Ah, Tina, thank you .....
Exactly what I sort of figured out belatedly.
Hopefully the developing chickies will forgive my lapse and get on with it.....:))))

Susan
Make sure you put the tray and turner in correctly, With the turner loaded you should see two sections on the side where you can add water to the center and outside trays without pulling everything. Let me know if you need a pic. I think its in the instructions.

Make sure you put the tray and turner in correctly, With the turner loaded you should see two sections on the side where you can add water to the center and outside trays without pulling everything. Let me know if you need a pic. I think its in the instructions.

Well, as soon as I filled up that middle trough the humidity went to exactly where it was supposed to be. Hurrah. I don't quite understand what you are saying about being able to fill the center troughs without pulling the turner out, so if you have a picture that would be great. However, my method in the past has been to thread 1/4" tubing through that vent hole in the top, and around the side of the turner and the wire and into the trough. Then I use a large syringe and plunge warm water right in. This is especially useful during "lockdown"....

Susan

Here is the bottom, notice the middle looks like a P ?

If you match up the turner / tray the bottom of the P sticks out, so you can fill it without removing the tray.

You can fill the rest of the spots from the other exposed outlets :)

Back
Top Bottom