**Digging my way to the coop. GOT SNOW?**

Do you shovel for your chickens?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, no. It'll melt & they can play charades until then.

• Sometimes, depends how deep it is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It doesn't snow where I live. (lucky you!)

• Total voters
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Here's my coop, all snowy, but the girls came out once their run got snowblowed & a fresh bag of leaves was put down for them to stand on.
57282_coop_in_snow_2.jpg

Hopefull a lull in the big storms for a few days, just a couple snow showers in the forcast for the weekend.

a fresh bag of leaves was put down for them to stand on.

What a wonderful idea - I've been throwing hay down (that costs $$$) - next year some boys will be bagging leaves for the birds!!!

I must admit to snickering (just a little little tiny bit) about all the snow to our south - we average 10 feet per winter where I live, this year seems like those of you in Southern New England are getting all of our white sparkles. Sadly though, I know not to get ahead of myself - just a couple years back we had the "holiday" storms - 3 feet on Valentines Day (a record one day total amount even in Vermont) and two feet for St. Patty's Day.

All I know is my birds are much happier now that its not 22 below zero - Treasure, the roo, is even crowing good morning again - a wonderful winter wake up.​

We had flurries the other day, but 71 F today. In the Panhandle of Texas we get ice and snow, but not enough to last more than a couple of days. I am very greatful yes.

You know, being from the far northern part of Minnesota I at first thought "they are getting a taste of what we get here every year, but it won't last." Then after a while I started to think that your getting a real feel for the upper midwest in the winter. Now I very happy to be right where I am. You folks are getting worse than we usually see here and we know NASTY weather. Hope it starts to melt soon.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup that's what we got here yesterday. We've gotten at least 2 ft of snow this year in 5 snowstorms. We usually don't get more than 10 to 12 inches in the winter.
roll.png
I am sick and tired of snow. I so can't wait for spring.

PLEASE no more snow for the rest of the year!
fl.gif

Quote:
OHHHHH me too....soooooooo over it!!!!!
roll.png
No where to put it anymore....cant even get to the egg boxes...the snow from the roof buried them.

Trica...we know why the chicken crossed the road....but do you know why a racoon crosses the road? To prove it CAN be done!

Back
Top Bottom